Very Large Diagnostics File

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by AntPerky, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntPerky

AntPerky Registered Member

Hi all,

We Installed the newer version of ESET Endpoint Antivirus

However, there seems to be a lot more problems with users being able to log in due to having no space on there hard drive. The most common cause I noticed was that the ESET Diagnostics Folder would take up pretty much the whole hard drive, which is not good, because then users with larger size profiles can not log in to their node.

So is there any sort of solution to solving the large diagnostics folder problem?

Also is there any other way to stop start up on over 150 machines using the ESET Remote Administrator Console?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

2. P_R_

P_R_ Eset Staff Account

Hello,

the Diagnostics folder contains memory dumps of ekrn.exe.

Could you please upload at least 10 of them with SysInspector log from the affected machine somewhere and send me a PM so I could download them?

You could stop generating the dumps by changing the "Application memory dump type" to "Do not generate memory dump" via Configuration task using ERA.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you experience frequent crashes of ekrn, change the option to generate minidumps only. Since the dumps are quite large, I'd suggest compressing the most recent one and conveying it along with a SysInspector log to ESET's staff as mentioned above.

4. yoz

yoz Registered Member

Hi all,

So I have the same problems on an XP-pro-Sp3 machine. The folder "Diagnostics" contains more than 40Go of dmp files since the 1st sepember ! How to transmit to you the more recent dmp (116Mo !!!) file with sysinspector log ? Can i delete all the dmp file in this folder except the most recent ?

Thanks.

Regards

5. Marcos

Please keep at least a few dumps from different times. Compress the most recent one, upload it to a safe location and PM me the download link (not necessarily with a SysInspector log but it might help). Most likely we'll remove all older dumps automatically via an update.

6. AntPerky

AntPerky Registered Member

Hi all,

Sorry about taking a while to get back to you... unfortunately I barely have time to upload a compressed file at the moment... but as I am not used to the ESET System yet... how do I go about changing the dumps to mini dumps on all the nodes. There are currently roughly 90+ machines running the ESET Endpoint Product.

Many Thanks

7. Marcos

In the main setup (F5), navigate to Tools -> Diagnostic and set the Dump type to Minidump. Have you observed large volumes of dumps on all those machines?

8. yoz

yoz Registered Member

Hi all,

Marcos i sent you a PM with the download link of one of my big diagnostic file and a sysinspector log.

Many thanks.

Regards.

Yoz

9. Marcos

Thank you, I've passed the dump to our developers for further investigation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.