Very Happy With WormGuard

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by worldcitizen, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Hi All,

Since Xp Sp2 has arrived I have been able to use Worm Guard full time on my PC and it is a pleasure having it there knowing that it will stop anything when needed. I get so many worms in my email that I worry about 1 getting through so I have to keep reminding myself that what does get through WG will take care of if it tries to execute.

I feel much safer now and really look forward to the net version. But this version is good enough for me. I would like something with a green interface for a change though because everything is either blue or grey!!

Dave

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Cheers Dave, Certainly does it's job with very little resource usage. :)

Pilli

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Congratulations that it works now for you. On XP it works without SP2, so i do hope it keeps working fine once i have the courage to install SP2 on that too!

Can't you change the general layout for your system? I saw some wonderful examples in the Ten-forward thread about "my desktop" and tools mentioned. You might find something you like to change your while system.

In Prt Explorer the registered version has several layouts for download, if we are to lazy to make one for ourselves, maybe we can use such tricks for our WormGuard too. But i wouldn't play with it in the registry now you have it running fine!

4. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

I had problems using WG with SP1 & Incredimail but as soon as I updated to SP2 all the problems went away. I'm not in a hurry for the update now because it's working perfectly & I'm protected. I am very much looking forward to the TDS 4 upgrade especially if there's an online shield or something like that.

Thanks Jooske. Where is that thread you mentioned and I'll have a look at it?

Dave

5. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

i like it to just needs an update lol it seems like it 4 years old

6. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

Would this program have any benefit to my system? I currently use McAffee AV (has a worm stopper), BoClean, PG and AdWatch. I am also ebhind a linksys firewall router.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.