Very frustrated with custom scan/profiles

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Tempus T, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tempus T

Tempus T Registered Member

Hi there,
    I have been using NOD32 for a year now and only fairly lately (not sure how long) have started having this problem.
    No matter what I do, I can not make the program remember my custom setups for scans. I have followed the steps to create and get things set up the way I want and hit save. It appears to save my setup and will proceed to do the scan that I have asked for but the next time/day I go to run that scan none of my options have been saved and must be chosen all over again. VERY frustrating! Not sure when this started, as I would just pick a custom scan/profile that I had made and didn't really check to see if my settings were being held. Then when I did you can imagine my surprise when things were not the way I had set them.
    My objective being not to do full scans at all times and only one particular drive at other times.

I hope I have explained this well enough if not just let me know. Any help in the matter would be appreciated.
    V - 3.0551.0
    W XP with all service packs.

Tempus

2. Tempus T

Well, found a post or two about this but............
    No joy in mudville! I followed the instructions to the letter, setting it up in two different areas (which really seems like a sort of backwards way of doing things) and the program WILL NOT SAVE my settings.
    Must be someone out there with a suggestion or two?
    Anyone?

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Tempus T,

I noticed that you are running v3.0551.0. Go to our download page HERE and download v3.0.672.

Thank you,

Richard

4. Tempus T

Rmuffler!

Thanks for responding, didn't catch this right away. I will give it a shot and see what happens.
    No matter how many times I reset the scan it just will not hold/remember/save whatever, you get the idea.

Thanks again, fingers crossed.

Tempus

5. Tempus T

ARRRRRRGGGGGH!:argh:

Nope newer version does the same thing.
    WILL NOT remember any of my settings.
    Anyone else have any suggestionso_O?

This is a deal breaker as my sub is coming up in Dec. and I just can't have it operate this way

6. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

1. Open your NOD32 AV and press the F5 key to enter the advanced setup tree.

2. Click Antivirus and antispyware -> Web access protection -> On-demand computer scan.

3. Click on Profiles and then Add...

4. Enter a profile name. You can leave the copy settings field blank then click OK.

5. Select your profile then click Setup... to edit the settings for your new scan profile and click OK.

You can then use your newly created profile as a scheduled scan. To do so go to Tools -> Scheduler -> Add.. and select your created scan profile.

7. Tempus T

8. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

If you don't have proper rights to HKLM, I've found NOD32 will make it look like you are making changes but those changes don't actually save.

Are you perhaps running the GUI as a non administrative user?

Just an idea.

9. Tempus T

Well what do you know!
    I made yet another "new" profile, this was number 6 (yes I numbered them, just because).

IT WORKED!!

Not sure at all what I could have possibly done different this time that I didn't do the other times. It does appear to be holding though, how about that!

Rmuffler, again thanks for the replies! Just pointing me in that direction for some reason worked. Still not sure why modifying would never keep the settings but at this point really don't care.

Thanks again!

Tempus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.