Very Disappointed in NOD32 v3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by qdemn7, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ants

Ants Registered Member

And hopefully a last time. I'm another EAV fan who was trouble free until I installed v.3.0 in each new version that has come out. Like qdemn7 I've had nothing but BSODs since with all the crash dump analyses pointing to the easdrv.sys driver. I uninstalled 3.0 and went back to 2.7, which does not have that driver, and I'm trouble free again. Its not other software, its the easdrv.sys driver that's causing the problem and it needs fixing. EAV 2.7 is installed on two other machines owned by family members but I'm not upgrading them until the problem is sorted. Version 3.0 is much smarter and simpler but it has to work!

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I haven't upgraded to 3.0 yet. It seems I made the right decision to wait just a little longer. ;)

3. qdemn7

qdemn7 Registered Member

Due to Marcos help my problem has been solved. The problem is the easdrv.sys.

As Marcos stated:

Edit: Personal correspondence removed.
    Marcos

I d/l the file, reinstalled v3, replaced the file and rebooted. No problems and the system has been running for over 4 hours. I did an indepth scan, and have been running the system at 100% using BIONC.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'm sorry, but why is my personal ftp mentioned here? There's also a general rule that personal email may not be disclosed without a consent of the person it concers. As of now, I will not provide any links by PM to persons that I'm not familiar with.

5. Ants

Ants Registered Member

Marcos, I have read your helpful contributions on the forums for some time and have appreciated them. But if there is an answer to a common problem can you not share it with all of us who are suffering from the problem? That, after all, is what qdemn7 was trying to do, even if he was going about it the wrong way.

6. qdemn7

qdemn7 Registered Member

I apologize profoudly, I was simply not thinking. I should have asked first, I was wrong.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Of course, if there is a solution to a known problem we announce it here. It does not justify posting here private correspondence and links to a private ftp. We kindly ask you all to accept this rule.
    If there is a newer version of a specific dll/drive available for testing, I send it privately to the appropriate person or limited group of people who have reported the issue.

8. Ants

Ants Registered Member

Thank you. I look forward to hearing the outcome.

9. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    There's no "staff" FTP accounts on this server to utilize to help end users? Thus not have to open up/advertise/worry about "personal" ones. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.