very confused

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by mrkite11, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrkite11

mrkite11 Registered Member

i recently lost my home, i am temporarily staying with someone i thought was my friend, but have reason to believe otherwise. He was very happy to hook my computer up through his wireless connection, however, i think my computer is being compromised, along with everything else. i don't know much but i think i may be set up as a servier on a network?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. markedmanner

markedmanner Registered Member

What operating system are you running? So you think he is accessing shared folders on your computer? I would recommend disabling file and print sharing. Heres how to disable it in XP HERE for windows vista HERE and for Windows 7 HERE. I would also recommend installing a firewall on your computer like Comodo if you have not already. Do a scan with Hitman Pro. PM me if you like to give me more information. What makes you think that your computer is compromised? You could also use network monitor tools that can tell you what connections are being made to your computer. currports would be one such program. If all else fails you could always just do a reinstall of Windows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.