Versions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by linkot, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linkot

linkot Registered Member

Over the years I have had ESET NOD32 on 3 computers.

I just updated my automatic renewals but noticed that I still have version 4.2.64.12 !!! So I'm good for 2 more years but with version 4! What am I paying for if I'm not upgraded to 5? And now 6 is beta. Certainly I don't want version 4 for 2 more years!

Do I need to do something more than auto renewal or did I just get scammed into thinking I have the latest virus defense?

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Your license is valid for version 5 and will be valid for version 6 once it comes out.
    you simply need to download version 5 from the website then uninstall version 4 and install version 5. you will need to input your username and password in to the new version.

3. linkot

linkot Registered Member

Thank you SO much! Wonder why ESET didn't prompt me when the new version was available ... but all is well that ends well. I'm going to get to work now :)
    Thanks again.

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Probably because the old versions are still fully supported. Many people choose not to upgrade.

Jim

5. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Good news that it will now work but I thought the mechanism to the above was in 4. The screenshots of it in 5 look just like what I recall in ver 4. It was there but not enabled?

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Older versions do not offer an auto-upgrade feature. To maintain your software at level 4x download the most current version here.
    There is no charge for this upgrade. It is recommended you install the most current version of 4x. ! Maintain your software at that family build level, assuming it is still supported. V4x is still fully supported.

Additionally you may upgrade to version 5x here. Upgrading to the 5x family is your option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.