Version Upgrade question

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by GeorgeM, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Registered Member

I noticed there is a v 7.3 released now and I am currently running 7.2.1. When I tell the s'ware to chek for a new version, the prompt box says I am already running the latest version?

So can I just download one of the 7.3 packages and install it over my current version, or how should that work?

2. GeorgeM

Hello?

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I would just download and install over it

4. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi GeorgeM,

You can try again or download it by logging in the customer center if you are still in the maintenance period.:)

5. GeorgeM

I just tried the auto-updater again, but this time the message box says:

Failed to get product information, error, error 500.

6. GeorgeM

>I would just download and install over it

I would just do that but I don't want to risk breaking my current paid-for installation. The versions available from the web site don't by default even install in the same dir.

7. GeorgeM

I got registered on the customer site and downloaded the latest version and installed it. What certainly sucks is that it blew away all my custom settings I had previously created... probably a dozen or so for particular things I needed here.

That shouldn't happen I'd say.

8. GeorgeM

Now that I have the new version running for a bit, I noticed that you did fix my problem where the menu items ended up launching behind the main screen. That is a real plus for me and thanks much for doing that! :)

I also noticed that the data storage options moved from the individual Analysis Profiles to a universal setting from the right hand menu. My personal preference would be to have left it in the individual setups so it could be selected with whatever storage options already in place rather than having to specify it each and every time. But I'm sure others might not agree with me on this. :)

9. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.