Version Update Problem

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by StrangeBird, Nov 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangeBird

StrangeBird Registered Member

I am a registered user of TDS-3 (ver 3.2.0).

I haven't updated the database for a while - when I did it told me Radius DataBase is up to date - I didn't believe this for one minute. I checked the DiamondCS web site & found a version upgrade to 3.2.1.

I downloaded the update & ran the self-extracting file (tds321up.exe). The WinZip self-extractor window had a check mark in the "run after unzipping box" for '.\321up.exe'.

There was no '321up.exe' in the directory (or subdirs) created by the self-extracting file. So, I can't install the upgrade.

I looked at all the '.txt' files for guidance - nothing about this problem.
    I've searched this forum - nothing about this problem.
    I thought that maybe I had a busted download. So, I tried the download from a different site - same result.

I'm obviously doing something wrong here, can anyone help me with this?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Strangebird,
    Welcome to the forum. Excuse me for not replying before as i was not around.
    Your might have originally installed the 3.2.0 version, if that was before March this year.
    After there was a full install of the version 3.2.1 and an upgrade to 3.2.1 for the 3.2.0 users.
    On the site is a little note, telling in the TDS Registration first line at start up it will say 3.2.0, as the explicit tds-3.exe was not changed for this update, with TDS-4 so close round the corner.
    So sorry for that part of the confusion.
    Fopr instance you will see in the Scripts folder some User submitted scripts, which were not in the 3.2.0 version.

Now to your Radius update. On that same download site at DCS is a link to download the latest update.cfg, which will contain some 5 actual download sites. If you use this, i'm sure after restart TDS with this file in the directory clicking the update it will update your radius. If still not, you can grab it manually from any of the sites in that update.cfg file.
    But if that would be the case, plase tell us, so we can look further with you.
    Good luck!

3. StrangeBird

StrangeBird Registered Member

Hi Jooske!

I didn't make myself clear - I'll try again.

I downloaded the upgrade file (tds321up.exe).
    It self-extracts to C:\TDS3. It creates 3 (I think) sub dirs & some number of files. It's supposed to include a file named '321up.exe', which is supposed to be run following the extraction process.

I have 3 problems:
    1) My TDS-3 directory is in a different place than C:\TDS3
    This being a common security consideration & an
    installation recommendation of DiamondCS.

2) I have no idea what to do with the files that were
    extracted into C:\TDS3.

3) There is no '321up.exe' file so the install process doesn't run as it
    should.

I can get the Radius DataBase manually - that's not a problem. It's only the event that made me go looking & therefore find the 3.2.1 Update.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hello StrangeBird,

I just downloaded tds321up.exe from a couple of the mirrors listed on the http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/ > Download page, and opened the files in Winzip (see screen shot below). I do see the 321up.exe, and if I use Winzip to extract the files manually, using folders options, I get all the files with 321up.exe in the top most folder.

Can you open the tds321up.exe file in plain winzip itself to see a listing of files in the extractor? Do you have the same count (see bottom of image) - 43 files and 1080KB in size? Maybe the way it's being extracted is causing a problem - somehow losing the 321up.exe file.

Attached Files:

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

That whole update is meant to be extracted in the excisting TDS directory; this is why the path in the winzip is editable to your existing TDS-3 directory, and overwriting some existing files and adding a few more new ones.
    There is not any need to uninstall the former existing TDS. there are people who wanted a freshup and uninstalled the existing TDS and installed the full version 3.2.1.
    You can do so, but mind your keyfile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.