Version 9 Build 2289 is not fixed yet!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thebigdintx, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

I performed the following steps at the reqest of Acronis using version 8 build 937:

1. I created a image to my external drive using T.I. from within windows - successful

2. I checked the image from within windows - The image archive is corrupted.

3. I checked the image using the rescue CD - The image archive is corrupted.

2. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Have you tried running memtest32 version 3.2 (the latest)?
    Particularly, test 5 - use (c)configuation option then options 1 3 5 then ENTER key then 0
    Let it run for at least an hour (10 passes or more).
    Repeat 4 or 5 times from both cold and warm boot.
    Also run memtest32 with all the tests (default when it starts executing), run for at least 10 passes (some hours depending on amount of installed memory) or preferably longer, say 24 hours.
    A machine which is very slightly unstable (for whatever reason including marginal memory) is likely to report memtest32 errors if you do the above tests.
    Even though your computer runs perfectly well with everything else highly intensive programs like TrueImage and memtest32 may well have errors.
    Use TI8 build 937 for the above tests, TI9 will just confuse the issue since it seems to have too many problems at this time.
    I know you've said before that the machine and memory are relatively new but I'd highly recommend running these tests since your testing with TI8 gives the corrupted image error.

3. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

Well, I fixed half my problem. It was that Acomdata external USB drive that was the problem...I returned it, and got an enclosure, and a hitachi drive to put inside it. I have tested it using True Image version 8 buil 937 using the USB connection (it has firewire connection also) and it worked fine. I suspect it may work with version 9 too, although I haven't tried my new drive with version 9 yet.
    Using 8.937 from within windows, I created an image to the new external drive hooked up through the usb port, and checked it from within windows and from the rescue cd, and it checked ok with both.

4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

But will it do it consistently?
    If you have any further intermittent problems with corrupted images during creation or verify then memtest is worth doing, otherwise glad to hear it's fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.