Version 859 not available to test

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Beamish, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beamish

Beamish Registered Member

I am very interested in using Acronis True Image. I am using nForce4 nvidia raid which I know is not supported under the 15 day trial software. Is there anyway to get this version under the 15 day trial in order ensure this will work with my machine? (GA-K8NXP-SLI)

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

The 15 Day Trial is identical to the retail release (except you can only restore under Windows and it has a 15 day limit)

If the full release version supports nForce4 NVidia RAID then so will the corresponding Trial version.

Also i've just downloaded the Trial and it's version 8,0,0,859

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

4. Beamish

I have downloaded the version and recreated a boot cd but it will still not recognize my hard drives properly. It gives an error reading hard disk 0 sector 128. When you say ignore all it will bring up the drives and partition but none of the drives are in their correct size or format. It doesn't even recognize some partitions being NTFS. I have 4 drives. Drive 0 is a 75 gig ide drive, disk 1 is a ata 150g drive and disk 2 is my boot drive consisting of 2 150g drives in a stripe 0 configuration with 2 partitions. One boot partition of 30Gig and a 2nd partition of 270 gig. Now that my 15 day trial is over I cannot run the program within windows. But I do know that that worked. It was just that it would not recognise the hard drives when booting from cd and I was not about to try a restore of any info during the trial if it could not recognize my drive. Was not build 859 supposed to work with NVIDIA raid?

5. Acronis Support

Hello Beamish,

Could you please let us know whether you downloaded build 859 or build 826 of the trial version? Build 826 doesn't work with NVRAID while the new build should work with it. Since the trial period is expired could you please send a letter to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread indicating in the subject that you want to contact Ilya Toytman and I will try to help you with the furhter evaluation.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Beamish

Yes I redownloaded it and made a boot cd with version 859. It still did not recognise my hard drives. During initilization of the drives it kept coming up with "Failed to read from the sector 128 of the hard disk 0". The sector kept changing and when I said ignore all it eventually came up with the hard drives in different configurations that did not match what I had at all.

7. Acronis Support

Hello Beamish,

Please send the letter to support@acronis.com. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.