Version 8 and SATA Not Identified - Plus

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Charles Plumb, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles Plumb

Charles Plumb Registered Member

:mad: With Version 8 and Happy with :) with 7-613

Well I finally bought it - after too much frustration with Ghost and Drive Image Restore Failures (and Norton having both Ghost and DI which gives DI crap tech support). I just wanted out.

I am happly because my Version 7 and Build 613 works perfectly on my Sony Viao RZ32G and my Soyo Dragon KT-600 plus. It does everything perfect on the Soyo and with the Sony I have to do the thing - the F11 and enter acpi=off noacpi to get my mouse going with the sony.

The version of the new build 627 for Version 7 fails to identify my SATA Drive powering a Maxtor 250 from a VIA 8237 chip on my SOYO Dragon. With convention boot or with acpi=off the drive fails to ID. I have tried every suggestion on this forum that I can find.

I bought Version 7 two weeks ago, Acronis was nice enough to send me a New Version 8. Version 8 still gives the mouse problem on the sony unless I acpi-off which is really no big deal. The Bilg deal though is it FAILS to recognize the VIA chip based 8237 SATA drive. So its a step backwards, from Build 6.13 which works for me.

By the way, someone on this forum said "An Untested Backup" is "No Backup". I took that to heart and tested my first Version 7 Build 6.13 backup of my Windows 2000 operating system on the Soyo. The backup failed when I transfered it to reguralr WD ATA- IDE WD drive.

It tested as "GOOD" with TI image intergity test but it hung 2/3 pf the way through. I came back to the forum and read everything agian and decided to try it again. I did a new image with 5 gigs of stuff on the drive, it compressed nicely to 3.8 at high and restored perfectly. I then copied it to a DVD and tested the DVD again Perfect. Pretty fast too - the DVD restored in 12 minutes.

Someone else on the forum also said don't use 8 till it works because Back Ups created with Version 7 - won't work on 7. So I am sticking to 7 right now till Acronis gets the SATA problem fixed like they did in Build 6.13

Thanks Forum - you have been lots of help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.