Version 6 Beta

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Endpoint, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VidKo

VidKo Registered Member

Hi!

I tried installing ESS 6 beta on two machines (Version 5 was uninstalled and both machines were restarted):

machine 1: Windows XP SP3 x86

Machine stays on the window with the following message: "Please wait while the setup wizard installs ESET Smart Security. This may take several minutes".

After app. 30 minutes I pressed "Cancel" and nothing happened. I restarted the machine and I clicked on the ESS icon. It said I have to reboot the machine as the newer version was installed. After another reboot it seems to work fine.

machine 2: Windows 7 SP1 x64

The same problem as on the machine one:

Machine stays on the window with the following message: "Please wait while the setup wizard installs ESET Smart Security. This may take several minutes".

I left it for 2 hours, no changes... still waiting...

I just made a force restart. ESS 6 is installed although I received an unknown error upon activation. After another reboot ESS is activated.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  2. braindedd

braindedd Registered Member

Not sure where to post official bugs but the "filter records of the same type" option in the scan window filters results to only include the type selected instead of everything but the type selected as it used to do.

3. adik1337

adik1337 Registered Member

Will ESET v6 Beta work for Windows 8 consumer preview?

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Working like a charm for me. Great work Eset.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.