Version 4.2 trouble

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mgroeger, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgroeger

mgroeger Registered Member

The other day I updated to version 4.2 and right at that time i picked up some form of the Conficker virus. Don't know how but i did and it coincided with when i downloaded 4.2. So I used Malwarebytes to get rid of the virus and uninstalled 4.2 and then reinstalled it. It installs just fine but I can not run it. Even when I install and it asks would you like to run now and I say yes it does not pop the tool up. It does nothing.

So i downloaded version 4.1 and it runs just fine but obviously I can not update it as it tells me to download version 4.2. I have tried repeatedly but no luck. Any ideas?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

What version of Windows are you running?

What other security/privacy software are you running? (i.e. anti-virus, firewall, other anti-spyware, cleaning tools, etc.)

Also, when you try to run SpywareBlaster but the window never shows up - can you check in Task Manager to see if any "spywareblaster.exe" processes exist? To do so:
    1.) Attempt to start SpywareBlaster 4.2. Wait 30 seconds or so, to ensure the window never shows up.
    2.) Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Task Manager.
    3.) Click on the "Processes" tab.
    Then look for any "spywareblaster.exe" processes.

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. AndTheWolf

AndTheWolf Registered Member

I have a similar, but different problem. Two weeks ago I uninstalled Spywareblaster 4.1 and installed version 4.2 on two systems one at Windows XP, SP3 and the other at Windows XP, SP2. I am pretty sure that I successfully started version 4.2 on both machines and reenabled all protection. Later that week I applied this month's Microsoft security patches on both systems. A few days later I started SB to check for updates. It started perfectly on my SP3 machine, but failed to create any windows on the SP2 machine, though both Task Manager and Sysinternals Process Explorer showed two SB processes running. I uninstalled version 4.2 and reinstalled 4.1 on the SP2 machine, but that did not come up either, so I reinstalled 4.2 again.

I have since tried to start SB 4.2 again while running Sysinternals Process Monitor, filtered to show only the Spywareblaster tasks, on both systems. The two traces begin to differ so soon that I can't even begin to guess which entries are significant, but I do see that that the failing trace stops dead at the third "thread create", while the successful trace has many more, and the successful trace is about 14 times larger than the failure when saved as a .pml file.

I'm at a loss. Can you help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.