Version 3 – issue running on a WS2k3 DC

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jonwilford, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrookedBloke

CrookedBloke Registered Member

I'm going to copy/paste a post I made on another thread, in the hope that it will be useful:

For all of you who are seeing these issues --

It is, of course, possibly instructive for us to post here on the forum. But please communicate directly with Marcos or the other Eset moderators in the hopes of helping ESET find a solution.

In simplest terms you have to do what the MSKB article says about setting your systems up to perform complete memory dumps. Then you edit the registry of the server (as per the MSKB article) to enable the ability to force a blue screen error from the keyboard with the right <Ctrl>+<Scroll Lock>+<Ctrl Lock> key combination. Then you either deliberately cause the failure condition (I can do it reliably on any of my servers with EAV 3 installed simply by browsing to \\machine_name\share_name in Windows Explorer.) or wait for it to happen. You go to the physical console. You hit the key combination. You collect the MEMORY.DMP file to be uploaded (By all means compress it first into an archive.) to the ESET ftp site. You collect the eamon.log file (produced by the special eamon.sys driver), and send that to the moderator with whom you are working.

PLEASE -- do it. ESET need all the help they can get with this matter.

Note: Those of you who have USB-connected keyboards will have to follow the special instructions in that MSKB article to be sure that you can produce the blue screen upon command from the keyboard.

2. csedgbeer

csedgbeer Registered Member

did anything come of this? , we had the same problem on 4 of our dc's, and our only solution was to remove nod all together, we couldn't do too much trouble shooting on them as they were dc's and rather handy to get working!

Chris

3. CrookedBloke

CrookedBloke Registered Member

I have been running a test version (3.0.653.0) of EAV on a Windows Server 2003 SP2 system since 04/16/2008 with no issues. I had to edit the registry of this system to exclude ekern.exe from oversight by the uphclean service. If I didn't do that, then I would still have trouble with the server.

I have not heard anything official from ESET concerning al projected release date. I suspect that they want a more elegant solution than giving folks 3.0.653.0 and telling them to edit the registry if they run uphclean.

This new test version is also reported to have fixed server session response problems that were occurring on systems that were not running uphclean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.