Version 2009 oddity

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bill U, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill U

Bill U Registered Member

I've gotten pretty comfortable with TrueImage over the years. I decided to try the new version 2009. I created a new image of my C: partition with v. 11 then downloaded/installed v. 2009. I created a new image with v. 2009 and played with it a bit then restored the new image over the C: partition. It all went smoothly and booted back up without difficulty. However after a bit I began to notice things that were different. When I started Outlook, it went through a "Configuring Outlook" period that took a few minutes. When I started the TV tuner (ATI) it had lost the channel list that had previously been scanned in. TrueImage took about fifteen minutes to come up (as it did after first install) as it analyzed my various drives and partitions. I restored the image twice and had the same issues both times. I then restored the v. 11 image that I began with ( the one without TrueImage 2009). These things did not occur as they never have in the past either. Somewhere it seems to have lost some configuration. I have no need to figure this out other than being curious. Has anyone seen anything similar to this?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

First I've read of your particular situation but there are several reports of TI2009 screwing up Office 2007 and 2003 on restores. I'd say they could well be related.

To be sure it gets some attention, log a support ticket with Acronis rather than assume it will be dealt with here by them.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I think the prob occurs with ATI12/2009 doing backup and restore. Using it to rstore an ATI11 image doesn't present the prob. So it's probably a prob in how ATI backs up.

Possibly Acronis will come up with a fix before they release ATI13/2010, wherein the fix will cost the price of a version upgrade. But the reason track record isn't encoraging. Such, it seems, has been Acronis's marketing strategy of late -- keep the users hanging on for a year with suggestions of a fix in the future, then get them to buy the fix via a new version.

4. jumanji

jumanji Registered Member

Hi Shieber,

Let me add, that you are then getting new bugs and less functionality (ups, i will shut up)

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

so sad but so true.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello All ,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

The issue is very similar to Microsoft Office error after restore. The reason of the problem is that ATI has default exclusion list when backing up in Windows (*.bak, *.~, *.tmp). After restore MS Office will ask for the installation CD because it stores some registration information in *.bak files. The solution is to back up the system partition without these exclusions.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

7. hajohobbes

hajohobbes Registered Member

And why this known error hasn't been fixed in the new build 9646 - the recovery manager still contains the unwanted default exlusion list:(

8. Tyreman

Tyreman Registered Member

Yes have seen that on buddys computer.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Actually, this issue is not related to our program itself. It related to Office software and .bak files which are in use. You can simply resolve it by removing .bak files from exclusion list. Anyway, we have reported this situation to our Development Team and they are working on it.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.