Version 10 to Version 11 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cdikland, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdikland

cdikland Registered Member

I received an email from Acronis yesterday offering an upgrade to v11 for $15. That is not too bad but considering v10 has been working pretty much without problems for well over a year why should I? Can anyone give me any reasons why I should take them up on this offer??

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

To increase their profits? Have you read of the problems associated with ver 11? Even if they don't apply to you, I wouldn't go for it if version 10 does all you want it to do.

3. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

"If it ain't broke , don't 'fix' it!!:D

4. como

como Registered Member

Could be that TI 12 will be released next month?

5. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Did you hear something about that?

I didn't.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Acronis doesn't pre-announce release dates. However, It has been release a newly numbered version of ATI about once year and ATI11 came out last September. Also, Acronis is offering a steep discount on ATI11. A new version seems likely to be released soon, but it might be Sept and it might not.

And the big question will be, Is ATI12 just ATI11 with a few added features to "justify" a new version number or did they also fix the numerous probs in ATI1.

Which begs the 2nd question, If they fixed the probs in ATI12, why don't they offere a fixed version of ATI11 to those who bought it?

7. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Have I got a deal for you!

$15 to upgrade to 11
    $20 to stay with 10

I'd stay with 10:D

8. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Agree wholeheartedly. From my point of view TI 11 is still in beta and the disfunctional parts should be fixed before version 2009 is unleashed on the unsuspecting public.
    I just hope the V2009 beta testers are not doing the trials on a "live" system.

Xpilot

9. como

como Registered Member

See shieber's reply at post 6, I couldn't put it better;)

10. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I decided to upgrade my knowedge of computers two years ago - got tired of talking to Dell people in India.

I stumbled onto TI and I guess I was fortunate to stumble onto TI when the current version being sold (TI 9 next-to-last release) was a great product. TI 9 has worked flawlessly for me on two XP computers and saved me several times as I have upgraded my knowledge (much of this knowledge came from this message board).

When I bought a vista computer, I chickened out - could not bear to read all the pain TI 11 was causing for people. TI 9 would not work on the new machine. So I am now using Shadow protect on the Vista machine - works quickly and is stable. I actually miss some of the extra featres available in TI9 such as file/folder backups. What I miss the most is not having a forum as active as this one for SP questions.

It's a shame Acronis released such a shabby product. They should realize they lose customers permanently when they do that - people like myself get re-established with alternative products and stay with them.

Len

P.S. Say hello to my friends in India - haven't spoken with them in two years - thanks to many of you experts on this forum.

11. cdikland

cdikland Registered Member

Then its settled.... I will stick with Version 10....

Oh... As for LenC friends in India... They are now unemployed. Well, they maybe not... But they dont work for Dell anymore. Dell pulled out of India over 1 year ago :)

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I'd pay the $20. A newgrade is not necessarily an upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.