Verifying DMI Pool Data ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TerryFox, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi ... I was just browsing through my computer and I was looking at the add and remove programs area , I notice that there was 2 entry of TI 9 , Now I am assuming this was because I made an update to the latest version build , So because I didn't know which one of the two where the latest ? I figure I just uninstall both and then just redownload the latest again , which I have done but , Now when I start up my computer ? I am given this option at boot up >>> Verifying DMI Pool Data >> NON-system disk , Press any key <<<

At which time if I do hit any keys ? It will load windows ... I'm curious to know now why from just uninstalling TI 9 I am getting this boot up problem ? And do you know how to correct the problem ? Thanks

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  2. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Well I fixed my own problem by doing a restore backup tib , I made a backup tib image from my main hard drive onto another hard drive , I then used the TI rescue disk and reloaded this backup tib image , Now a few things I notice , My rescue disk was from an older version build of TI 9 and when I try to use this build ? I was given an error saying something down the line that my backup tib image wasn't acceptable image of TI , Why is that ? Once I made another copy of the rescue disk with the latest build ? I then was able to restore my backup tib image but, Not with the older TI 9 rescue disk build , The only different between the 2 were the build , It was the same version ( 9.1 ) ... Once I was up and running again I uninstall TI 9 because it was an older build , I thought you can when updating to the latest build you can just over ride the older build and not have 2 programs listed in the add and remove programs area ? So I assuming before updating to the latest build ? You should uninstall previous builds ? And then install a clean installment of the latest build , Though I am still curious to know why I had this problem from my first post ? Lastly now that I restore from a backup image and update everything that needs to be updated , Can I again make a backup image onto my other hard drive ? Its the same hard drive that has my first backup image , I want to remove this backup and install a fresh updated backup , will it work ?

TIA and thanks to TI for successful restore

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TerryFox,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that starting from build 3567, Acronis True Image is based on the new "engine". So, the bootable rescue media created by older version (build number less than 3567) can't restore images created by the latest builds. However, using the latest builds you are able to restore images created by the previous ones.

As I said before, starting from the build 3567, Acronis True Image is based on the new "engine" and when you have installed the regenerated software, Acronis True Image hasn't recognized the previous version and you've got two versions on your computer. The workaround is to uninstall the older version.

However, it won't be necessary to uninstall the previous build when you install the new one next time.

The problem is probably related to Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. As you installed the newer version of the software and the program didn't delete the previous build, the issue with Acronis Startup Recovery Manager appeared. As you noticed, the problem can be fixed by the image restoration, for example.

Yes, you can perform this scenario without any problems. Please do not forget to verify your image integrity using Validate Backup Archive tool in Acronis True Image.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.