Verifyed Image Now Corrupt when Recoverying

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cj.carole, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cj.carole

cj.carole Registered Member

running TI 9.0 Build 3.633 on a paviliion M490N with MCE 2004, upgrading to MCE 2005. An image I created under MCE/4 before upgrading the Os to MCE 2005 was verified at the time of creation and the operation completed successfully. After the OS upgrade I encountered problems and needed to restore this image. When launching TI it says it can't find any hard drives however, I was Able to access the image, start restore, expected 8 hrs, 3 hrs into it Acronis says image is "corrupt."

Now when I plug the HD into another box can't even acces the image, getting message the file is not a Acronis file or image is corrupt. It seems the recovery process corrupted the image.

Any ideas on how I can recover/restore this image. With a verified image I didnn't create a 2nd for redundancy and i'm not looking at a day or 2 to recover this box from the system disks.

If the backup program won't give me reliable back up its no good to me!!!! Help!

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I don't have a solution for your present situation, but when you get out of it, remember that TI gives many false positives in its verification process. There are also reports of false negatives. The ONLY way to really know if your Image will be Restored successfully is to do an actual restore to a spare hard drive. I never do a verification, but I do test the Images with an actual restore.

3. jlphillips

jlphillips Registered Member

We encountered the same issue. We found if the NIC setting was autonegotiate the problem would occur. If we set the NIC speed manually we did not get the image corrupt error on a restore and the restoration was successful. We are running a Gb LAN and saw the problem on multiple boxes.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I have come to the conclusion that the first few and perhaps from time-to-time, images should be validated using the CD recovery environment. The reason being the recovery environment is Linux and uses different device drivers and a different version of the TI program. When you validate in Windows it is not exactly the same even though the method is the same.

Perhaps the most compelling reason is that the CD environment is what you use to restore. I fully agree with Ralphie that the only certain method is a test restore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.