Verify a completed image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jts, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jts

jts Registered Member

I seem to be hung up on the basics again. My question: after an image is created onto CD's, I would like to verify that all is well with the image. When I check the log, it states that the image was successful.

How can I double check the image? I know that I'm just not seeing the obvious and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I just want to make sure that all is well with the image in case of trouble down the road. What do the experts on TI suggest to check, verify, whatever your image? I seem to get so many failed images (I get some kind of error message(s) during the CD burning process so often that I just don't feel 'safe' even with a successful log note).

Thank you so much!!!

js

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

By far the best verification is to restore the image to a spare drive and see it if works as expected.

The next best way is to boot up the restore CD and use the verify function in TI. This is better than doing it in Windows because this is the method you will be using if your disk fails; assuming we are talking about an image of C.

Personally, I don't like optical disks as a primary backup because apart from any issue creating the backup you also run the risk of a flaw in the media. I create image archives on a partition, ideally on a second drive, and then burn the correctly sized files to DVD using Nero. I always use the "verify after burn feature" in the burning program.

3. jts

jts Registered Member

THANK YOU SEEKFOREVER!!!!

js

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

jts,

Bear in mind that our friend seekforever is old school. :D

Nowadays, the verify function is called Validate Backup Archive.

Just so you won't search through the menu in vain...

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

You sure have that right in more ways than one. I'll try to remember, a challenge in itself, and use Validate but on the other hand the original poster may have an old version.... ;)

6. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

We are in the same boat, seekforever. And not just the two of us. :D

bVolk, class 44

7. jts

jts Registered Member

Thank you everyone!!

Please review the steps to use the verify function in TI.....

Thank you so much....

js

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jts,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please read section 10.1 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide describing the procedure of validating backup archives in detail.

Please also note that in order to validate\restore backup archive spanned over several CDs\DVDs you should insert the last created CD\DVD first (disc that contains the last volume of the backup archive) and then follow the wizard's instructions.

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.0 Home FAQ page helpful.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.