Verification of Image problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by The Hon, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hon

The Hon Guest

Finally I hoped to use this program for making a backup of my system without a hassle. But unfortunately the program seems not fully compatible with winXP sp2.
    I made an image of my C (systempartition) and F(additional partition) onto my external USB drive Maxtor One Touch II. At the end of the image the program tells everything fine but you should check the image. When I check the image it gives me constantly an error message that the image is damaged.
    So what is going on. By the way I had the same problem with Norton's ghost 9.0. Thats why I changed to the TI product in the meaning that it's better than the ghost but it seems that it's not better prepaired to sp2.

So who can help?

Thanks

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

Looks as if you might be suffering from the same notorious "large file tranfer over USB" problem as a number of other users (nothing to do with TI). Read this <fairly long thread> and carry out the MD5 checksum test referred to therein. If the checksum results are different then download/run the <Memtest86+ utility> for a few hours to find out whether flaky memory is the cause of problem.

Regards

3. The Hon

The Hon Guest

Hi Menorcaman

Thanks for the hint with the memory. In fact the memory was the problem. Checked it with memtest and found several errors. Replaced my mem sticks with new one and everything works now also with the USB external drive.

Sorry Acronis, product seems to be ok.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

It's great to see someone take the advice and discover the problem and rectify it so quickly.

As you found, memory errors that are small enough to make it seem like everything is OK, become serious when making large image files that must be perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.