Veracrypt 1.18

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ronjor, Aug 18, 2016.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. ExtremeGamerBR

ExtremeGamerBR Registered Member

3. haakon

haakon Guest

Ditto on the thanks.

:thumb: to the VC crew for continued development and improvements.

v1.18 A-OK with all containers built over the last year or so.

And for TrueCrypt containers converted.

And for TRueCrypt containers not converted.

4. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

I stopped using TrueCrypt when VeraCrypt v1.17 came out. I think at this stage VeraCrypt has come a long way and is pretty mature. The current version of VC, 1.18a, will be audited in the coming month. We'll know for sure after the audit.

5. mantra

mantra Registered Member

hi
    can somebody compile it for windows?
    i tried without luck , what's wrong?
    thanks for the news

6. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

My personal concern (and this is nothing official just ME bouncing thoughts off the wall) is that those new algo's are not something I have examined or even researched regarding their integrity. They may be just fine, but I have never used them or investigated them as solid.

And since I use VC strictly with Linux and for archival purposes not for system disks, most of the changes don't apply to my applications at all. The changes in the log for Windows users seem numerous. It is not VC for Windows and system disks that concerns me, its Windows that I don't and won't ever trust on a high thread model machine. VC for archives with Linux I do and will trust implicitly until I detect any reason not to.

Sorry I can't help with the Windows VC build process because I haven't done that one yet. VC builds like a dream on the Linux platform and the checksums are not guesswork. Predictable and solid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.