vba32checker

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello,

i was just having a looking at the vba32 website christmas deal and under the product page I noticed vba32 check.
    its kinda like drweb cure it but its free and updatable. the license key that comes with it is valid until end of december.
    im testing it now.
    if it works well i may consider using the Christmas deal and grabbing myself a 3year license to support the company and use it to clean clients computers.
    it uses the vba32 console scanner and has different batch files for different scan levels.

of course you could download the latest vba32 console scanner and make your own batch files but this is easier.

im surprised no one has posted about it before.

the standard vba32check.bat (uses standard signatures and heuristic settings) has quite alot of fp's I wonder what the higher heuristic settings detect. so may not be the best thing to use to clean clients computers.

C:\Program Files (x86)\F-Secure\FSAUA\content\aquawin32\1259671128\jpeg.xmd : infected Trojan-Downloader.JS.Multi.cj
    F:\Installers\Windows 7\works on both\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Linux\ifl_en\config.zip:<ZIP>\util\ufd-base-image-iflnet.gz : is suspected of GZIP.MailBomb
    F:\Installers\Windows 7\works on both\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Linux\ifl_en\config.zip:<ZIP>\util\ufd-base-image-ifl.gz : is suspected of GZIP.MailBomb
    F:\Installers\Windows 7\works on both\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Linux\ifl_en.zip:<ZIP>\config.zip:<ZIP>\util\ufd-base-image-iflnet.gz : is suspected of GZIP.MailBomb
    F:\Installers\Windows 7\works on both\TeraByte Unlimited\Image for Linux\ifl_en.zip:<ZIP>\config.zip:<ZIP>\util\ufd-base-image-ifl.gz : is suspected of GZIP.MailBomb
    Z:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Europe\element\elementclient.exe : infected Backdoor.Win32.Bifrose.btzu
    other antivirus programs have reported element client as malware in the past and the FP has been fixed so ill definatly report that one.

there was another file but the reason it was flagged was because of double extension so it could of easily been autorun malware.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  2. sergey ulasen

sergey ulasen AV Expert

Hello, lodore

Thanks for your post :thumb:

Some comments:
    1) Vba32Check is the FREE utility. Package has a key (license) to 31.12.2009. But in the end of the month we will prolong it to 31.12.2010.

2) All FPs you can send to feedback@anti-virus.by in archive with password virus and marked on the False Positive.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello Sergey,

Will the new key file be downloaded when i run update.bat?

I have sent the False Positive's to the email address above.

4. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

That link you gave does not work, here is a link that works: http://www.anti-virus.by/en/vba32check.shtml

5. sergey ulasen

sergey ulasen AV Expert

No, you won't be able to download key file by update.bat :(

But... I can attach new key file in this thread (for 3 days for example).

6. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

How good is that scanner? Not many people have said much about it o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.