VBA32 antivirus BUMP!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bellgamin, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I was monitoring Wilder's VBA32 thread back HERE every day, until it became inactive back on 5/6/2005. This AV continues to impress me, based on Jotti's data.

I had heard that VBA32 soon would come out with a *Gold* version, for public sale. Does anyone know the status thereof? Is the personal version still available for trial?

Any & all comments will be appreciated. I am eager to learn more about this AV.

aloha... bellgamin

2. RaLX

RaLX Registered Member

3. .....

..... Registered Member

Running it since thursday and liking it :D

Support is VERY quick (sent an email to them asking a few questions and had a very helpful reply from Dmitry in just a few hours), love the "redundant" method in heuristics - very high detection ratio. The "smart mode" style realtime monitor is cool to - low impact.

Looks VERY promising. Once they add some more sigs im sure it'll be one of the best scanners :cool:

4. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

It seems to be doing a fantastic job over at Jotti's, although I think I'l wait until an "official" trial version to be released to give it a try. Always nice to see a promising newcomer :D

5. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

I am still trialing VBA and love it, the resource usage still increases as time goes on without a reboot, but that is a detail that will be ironed out I imagine.
    Since the on demand scan "memory drain" seemed to be from an update that little issue is fixed now. I cannot verify that is what it was since I don't have the signatures from that day, but I am fairly certain it was the culprit.
    Now with an increase in signatures it will be a great contender, it mainly is lacking on "older virus" detections for me, which in the real world is not an issue but a thought to ponder.

Last edited: May 22, 2005
  6. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

Is it still very heavy on system?

I'm used to Dr.Web resting quietly, not bothering anything.. Everytime I test another AV, I rush to uninstall it because they usually drag my systems down. (and I run very fast systems)

7. .....

..... Registered Member

The option to "process only new files" works like dr web's "smart mode", so VBA32 is pretty light now ;)

8. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi Bellgamin.

The link posted by RaLK is where I downloaded the personal version from.

As far as the release date goes.I haven't heard a date yet.
    I know from an email response I recieved that they are updating the english documentation.No U.S. reseller yet.

Regarding resource usage my task manager shows one process using 18,120k after 90 minutes.That's without enabling "process only new files".I have the "standard file type set" box checked.

I like the program and the support.
    I'm definitely going to buy a license!

Last edited: May 22, 2005
  9. + ShADoW +

+ ShADoW + Registered Member

I have found out that Nod32 works well with Vba32.

I disabled AMON in Nod32, and enabled the monitor on Vba32.

And just keep the IMON/DMON/EMON for Nod32 enabled.

Vba32 is a nice anti-virus. I cant wait till the final release comes out :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.