VBA32 AntiRootkit (2014)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Durad, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Is VBA32 AntiRootkit still developed?

Is it effective against latest rootkits?

I was trying to open English help file from their web site, however, it does not work...

2. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

VBA32 appears to be undeveloped, if not entirely closed down.

They haven't had a product update in about two years, and are still using a 1990's interface.. I cannot say about their definitions. I used VBA32 many years ago, when it was quite effective, and they had some great malware researchers in their lab.. Those days appear to be over.

PS: VBA32 malware researchers were one of the first to discover StuxNet and Flame.

3. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

Are you suspecting a rootkit?

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

they only offer a product that works with up through Vista.:'( It is ashame as they have the sleeper product of them all for zero day malware. I really hope they acquire what is needed to get this going. They are a great company and deserve better.

5. controler

controler Guest

an so they work for who now?

I can think of three right off hand..
    that could be a possibility:shifty:

6. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

7. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I wondered why the company seemed to go to sleep, since I was beta testing one of their products.

8. controler

controler Guest

Ah so the Russians that use the same snooping tools got him? damn

9. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

I was one of the few that knew VBA32 labs found Stuxnet. Mostly because I was one of the first testers of their product in the late 1990s, and had some nice friends there. But after the detection, and some fame that came along with it, most of the team seemed to part ways. As far as I can tell, at this point the product is dead. They really did have a nice lab, with some excellent talent.

Sad but true. Another one bites the dust.

10. AF_

AF_ Registered Member

Guys,

It's indeed a hard times for VBA. Many really good guys left the company and we have changed the development vector, that's why you haven't heard much about us for the past few years. I can't tell you much, but the good thing is that Vba32 AntiRootKit is still alive, supported and able to detect & cure the latest threats for both x86 and x64 platforms, including the latest Windows 8.1. And this private version will be opened to the public in the nearest time.
    Stay tuned ;)

11. Inside Out

Inside Out Registered Member

It's really ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ unfair that it's them who are on the verge of going under, but the ones who can't even look after their update servers, much less our computers, rake in the millions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
  12. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Brother, glad to see you are still in the game.. You guys had one of the best labs in the world in regards to raw talent. I hope you can bring it back up, I love that product.

Can Wilders folks flag you as a developer, and can you stick around and keep us posted?

13. AF_

AF_ Registered Member

Thanks! I'm trying to do my best, but I can't change some things unfortunately.
    That would be really great. Do you know anyone who can do that ?
    I visit this forum really infrequently. But I will post here once the new public version of Vba32 AntiRootKit will be available for download. We're planning to do that in March or maybe in early April. This year :) (kidding)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.