Various hangs in TI EW for Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SP0, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SP0

SP0 Registered Member

I'm running True Image Echo Workstation build 8115 (I understand there is a later one but the website is broken "for my convenience"). I have a couple of Vista and an XP machine backing up to a backup server on Vista.

It used to run adequately but has now sent me into that horrible space occupied by so many on this forum, where fixing backup (the VERY least interesting thing in the whole of computing) is occuping large slabs of my time.

1. On one machine, just trying to create a backup manually hangs ("not responding) after the "Source Files Exclusion" window.

2. On another, it gets to 0% each day, then hangs until reboot.

3. Sometimes, when it did work, I used to get backups to the server over the LAN stopping with "Failed to write data to the archive file. A possible reason might be poor media quality.:None".

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  2. SP0

SP0 Registered Member

No one got any ideas on this?

To make it worse, finally one of my backup attempts did run ... but has so far been running for 24 hours and only got to 92% !

D: (70Gb) took 13 hours.
    C: (764b) took 8 hours.
    G: (12Gb) has been running for three hours and is still going.

This is backing up to an Acronis backup server on a gigabit lan.

Aargh! Would be faster to write all the data down by hand.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SP0,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please describe how the backup tasks are set up? That is, what type of the backup is it, what is being backed up, what is the operating system on the source computers, etc.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. SP0

SP0 Registered Member

Me too. This problem was sent to Support by email and posted here two weeks ago... I've not had adequate backup for a month.

Backups get stuck or take an extreme amount of time whether run from timer, manually, or even from booting to Acronis recovery disk.
    I am backing up three drives (as shown above) - full backup.
    Vista (as already stated) on workstations, Vista on server.

I look forward to some steps to resolve this. I heard from Support that a similar problem in the non - Echo version of the very-slow-backup problem had been fixed by a new release - perhaps something similar is happening in this version?

5. Acronis Support

Hello SP0,

Could you please let me know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

On the system where trying to create a backup manually hangs ("not responding) after the "Source Files Exclusion" window, please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Reinstall Acronis drivers with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

On the system where backup hangs on 0%, please make sure that Acronis Scheduler service is started and both schedul2.exe and schedhlp.exe processes are running. If that doesn's solve the problem, please do the following:

- Download the updated version of Acronis Scheduler;
    - Extract the archive contents and start install.bat file;
    - Wait for the process to be completed and reboot the computer. It's recommended to recreate the scheduled task.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Copy schedmgr.exe file to the root of your c: drive;
    - Click Start – Run, type in cmd, press OK and issue the following command:

C:\schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Send us the schedreport.txt file in the root of your c: drive;
    - Please run the schedmgr.exe program by double-clicking it from Windows Explorer;
    - Enable logging by using the following command:

set logflags support

- Please reproduce the issue and collect the schedul2.log file which is placed to the same folder as the service file (program files\common files\acronis\schedule2);

It's recommended to turn off logging after troubleshooting by using the following command (from the schedmgr.exe command prompt):
    set logflags 0
    set lf_registry on

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please send all the collected files and information along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread with a reply to the e-mail with your Acronis request number. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

In case the backup over network stops with errors, please try changing Error Handling settings, as described in paragraph 6.3.11 "Error handling" of Acronis True Image Echo Workstation User's Guide.

If backup process over network is slow, please try changing Network connection speed (see paragraph 6.3.6 "Backup performance" of Acronis True Image Echo Workstation User's Guide) in case it detects the maximum network speed wrong for some reason.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. markm75

markm75 Registered Member

Did you ever find a solution to this, mine started behaving the same way.. under vista x64, echo 8.5

7. Acronis Support

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Corporate Products

All issues can be investigated on the latest builds of the program only. Please make sure that you have the latest ones.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.