Varification and the (Current operation progress) bar

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by d.chatten, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

The problem i am having (if it is a problem) is with the Current operation progress bar in TI 9.0.3633, when i varify a backup archive the top Current operation progress bar only reaches 50% > 75% never reaches 100%, the bottom Total progress bar allways reaches 100%, the larger the archive the less progress will be made on the top Current operation progress bar but the bottom Total progress bar reaches 100% no matter how big the arhcive is, this happens even if the archive is on an internal HDD or an external USB HDD, archive varification allways completes successfully.

Thanks!

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  2. d.chatten

Bump, there must be someone else with this issue.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Please advise whether you were validating an image in Windows mode or from the bootable rescue CD so that we can check it out.

Regards

4. d.chatten

This accurs both in Windows and using the bootable rescue CD, it also doesn't matter if the image is created in Windows or using the bootable rescue CD, this also accurs with build 3567 aswell as build 3633.

Thanks!

5. Menorcaman

O.K. Thanks. I will do some testing later today and report back.

Regards

6. d.chatten

Much appreciated, thanks!

7. Menorcaman

Hello d.chatten,

Verified a 7.1GB image with the following results:

Verifying in Windows Mode

The Current Operation and Total Progress bars stay in sync (Screenshot 1) until just after the 2 minutes remaining mark and then begin to diverge (Screenshot 2). They continue to diverge until the Operation Progress window is redrawn due to the Total Progress time remaining becoming word wrapped, after which they are together again (Screenshot 3). They then begin to diverge once more until the Operation Progress window is again redrawn, this time due to the removal of the word wrap (Screenshot 4), and then are back in sync again. From then on the two bars will continue to diverge until task completion (Screenshot 5).

So it seems that the two bars begin to diverge from around the 2 minutes remaining mark but are brought back in sync each time the Operation Progress window is redrawn. This can be demonstrated by forcing a screen redraw via minimizing and then maximizing the Operation Progress window.

Verifying In Boot Rescue Mode

Again, the Current Operation and Total Progress bars begin to diverge around the 2 minutes remaining mark. However, because of a larger Operation Progress window, there is no screen redraw due to word wrapping and the two bars will continue to diverge until task completion.

Clearly the above behaviour isn't ideal and could probably do with some tidying up when the Acronis Development Team have time to catch their breath!! However, most long term users of TI now accept that the Imaging, Validation and Restore times, along with their associated progress bars, are very rough estimations. They bear little resemblance to the actual elapsed times and therefore we have learnt to take them with a large pinch of salt :p :D.

Regards

Attached Files:

8. d.chatten

Hi, Menorcaman

I have just varified another file and i did notice that if i minimize and maximize the window as you suggested, the two bars are back in sync.
    You also mentioned the word wrap that appears in the window, i don't get any word wrap at all, this though is probably down to the size of my screen which is a 26" widescreen.
    At least i now know (due to your help) that there is a bit of a bug in TI9 but nothing worth worrying about.

Thanks so much for your help it is really appreciated.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello d.chatten and Menorcaman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay with the response.

I've forwarded this information to our Development Team and they will certainly take it into consideration.

Your collaboration on this matter is very much appreciated.

If you have any further remarks concerning the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home behavior, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.