VappWare Real Time Browser Protection(Browser Condom)

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by mswiczar, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mswiczar

mswiczar Registered Member

Browser Gum?:thumb:

I dont know a lot of womans,neither hers brain, but i have many woman friends. and they use to carry in hers womans purse condoms.
    And they use them to protect against virus.
    dont be unassertive. We are in the 21th century, until no other prevention ways were had found, we must use the Condom and talk about it
    Its the only way to prevent many disease!
    Joking if you want you can still play in the sandbox making towers and castles. my fella, meanwhile i ll use Browser Condom :)
    With my sincerely and good intention :):thumb:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

mswiczar,
    Purely regarding the name, it is a clever analogy, as is sandbox, to describe a similar "blocking" or virtualization function.
    I'd expect to see a certain user resistance/disinterest because of it, though, partly because of potentially seedy connotations.
    A lot of users are quite adult enough not to balk at Condom as the name of a valid security application, but, frankly, if it's something I (and I reckon, quite a few others) wouldn't be comfortable explaining to a child, it's not something I'd want to install. This attitude might be fairly prevalent, especially so in some countries/cultures more than others.
    Very clever, though, and I wish you luck.

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Hi mswiczar and welcome to the forum. I like the name of your software. If it works like a virtual condom it is descriptive imo and it helps to de-dramatize that dangerous word :p
    When I click at your link it says http://h<i>tt</i%3Ep://www.vappware.com what is the red part?

4. mswiczar

Thanks, this is the URL

hxxp://www.vappware.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2007
  5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I agree. The very use of that term to try to bring attention to a security software only tells us one thing. You copy/paste others code to create your so-called rubber balloon and additionally you obviously don't frequent security forums or else you would know what is mutually acceptable and what throws up big red flags like you have offered in this topic. No criticism just the facts.

Personally the lousy use of that name alone is enough to discount any efforts you might have hoped to accomplish, including feedback. I stop short of spamming because you might can't help the environment that surrounds you to have drawed up such a ludicrous title let alone another experimental sandbox if thats what it's really about.

Over and out. EASTER

6. mswiczar

Hi, i did not copy and paste any software. this is an abusive and injurious.
    Just for use The Condom in My Project.
    I want to ask you something.

Are you a programmer? did you wrote any kind of software?
    Did u eve developed any kind of software in ring 0.
    Did you ever debug a crash dump.
    If u did, congrats,for me was a pain to do it. and i ll finish it.

And in the future, i ll want to discuss with you perfomance issues, and security things. No just injuries.
    Go to the site and read.
    Use any virtual machine to test my software, and tellme whats your opinion.
    If you tell me that my software do not work well, i ll solve the bugs. but please
    just keept talking about Security.
    The name of this place is other anti-malware software and Browser Condom is IT!

I make my best efort and YES, Its Marketing but i dont sell drugs, i just want to let the pepope know what is the risk of just plug and play Microsoft Wuindows software.

I dont have nothin more to speak with you. Enjoy the life if you can.
    And go rest because its more than 8:pm.
    No eat fats, go to the church on sunday and never speak about sex with yours children.

Yes ITS MARKETING. i hope ll could reduce the number of infection spyware, malware and if i could AIDS transmision

Best Regard

Moises

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  7. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hey mswiczar.

This is way better marketing than the one you initialy started with. I understand that you have a language barrier, but you have to be convincing here and take the control of this (your) thread. Come up with a good marketing scheme, ask someone to help you in that if you can. This is very important. And try to somehow persuade people that your software is the right thing. :D

Cheers. :)

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

That last post completely satisfies my own curiosity.

As i already alluded to if you bothered to take it to heart, no criticism is intended on my reply even if you find it on the opposite end of discussion.

Programmer? That's for me to know and you to find out. If it helps ease the burden i have "years" experience in many programming languages and done my fair share of compiling but i stop there because unless or untill i formally make a declaration or other announcement of some release of a design, that's better left for when or if that time comes.

~Snip~

9. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, inventor: I know you are a smart fellow, w/ super IQ, armed w/ strong desire to save the world from virus infection, and high anticipation to capture the world w/ the first piecemeal, but you have started all these with a very wrong footing: you have offended your potential users by saying this,by arguing that. At end of the day, you gain nothing but disrespect. I dare to bet you one loonie that any poster on your thread would have walked more mileage on foot than you would have driven in car. They have more wakening hours than your adult lifetime. Be humble, learning from peers, otherwise your baby will stay in your incubator for a long long time. Just my loonie sense. I do hope you guide yourself accordingly.

10. mswiczar

My Fella, i dont try to convince to nobody.
    When i have the Beta or any RC, we could chat again.

I know that the name is correct, this noise is good.
    Sandboxie could be beter than my first approach, but i did not ever hear about it.
    I hope the name condom ll make noise like it does in this thread.

Thanks in advance.
    Moises

11. mswiczar

Please could you tellme why all the people injury me, just for use the Word Condom.
    i allways speak with cortesy. and with a little jokes.
    i m only tell you this thing
    i put this treat here to have opinions, testesr and the only thing that i received is just finish and then will see.
    Yes my Lords

SORRY for think in a diferent way!!!

12. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello again.

The name is not really that important if the software is of high quality. It can easily be changed, however, the errors in code are a bit of a pain.

I look forward to it.

Regards,

13. mswiczar

Its a nice Joke.
    :D

14. Notok

Notok Registered Member

You know, it's funny.. someone else used the word "condom" in the name of their sandbox program that was similar to DropMyRights. When that one was brought up everyone took it in stride and with a sense of humor, now everyone's acting like this guy is making personal attacks.

He's produced a freeware version of software that has become fairly popular around here, I'm a little surprised at the total lack of respect. He even offers technical details of the like that hardly any others do. As far as the program being buggy, the fact that it's in alpha should have provided a rather blatantly obvious clue.

Once upon a time, Wilders was a place where we could come to discuss software on a technical level. We could learn the technology and were thrilled to see something new to try. You could actually learn something about security, and not just brand names. Now it seems to be just the opposite.

15. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

To each his own right? The name wasn't really as much some incredible issue as the follow up post posture taken IMO. That said is all i needed to see.

All i can add at this point is have fun with your browser condoms and hope the program at least makes up for the ridiculous rise some seem to get by dropping names even when they carry connatations of explicitives some CAN view as mundane.

If it was meant to infer humor then it's a resounding success, but come on, let's grow up here and at least try to act responsibly. Try marketing it in that manner, even as freeware. After all if you're dead set on it why not go ahead and announce another version along the lines of TROJAN or something. That seems to be fairly popular in gas stations and pharmacies.

16. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I think perhaps the language barrier has gotten the better of you (something I deal with on a daily basis); I didn't see anything offensive said on the side of the programmer (although I can kinda sorta see how it might be seen that way). All I really saw was him trying to explain that it was simply the easiest way to convey the concept of the program and how it works. He's also correct in saying that it's the 21st century and we're all adults, the word "condom" is not a dirty or vulgar word.

17. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

OK Notok, you made your case in support. I don't harbor no ill will to this topic just find it rather tacky but that's my own personal impressions and i realize others view it differently. I don't want this Topic to go off on some venture that terms used to name a product become an issue ok?

My replies we're just an initial reaction (not knee-jerk) that we might have something here leading to nothing of any real interest in PC security & drift away from the core of a valid introduction to a program.

You do have to admit though that the very reference can be easily misinterpreted or viewed as a joke.

~Snip~

18. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Actually it doesn't matter. If mswiczar is doing this as a hobby, then cool. BUT if he is doing it as a business and wants to sell a product, then he needs to realize, that his opinion, about a name, is totally irrelevant, it's the markets opinion that matters.

Condom is not all that new or original, but hasn't been used. Hey Notok, I notice it's nowhere in Prevx1's name.:D , and for a reason. It may be cute, but a lot of decent products die over these kinds of things.

Good luck

Pete

19. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Words of wisdom.
    When i asked why condom, i didn't expect this. Of course, it's not a consequence of what i said, but i'm still surprised. It's just a name.
    But i must make note that what Peter says is different. He's not being disrespectful, just expressing his opinion.

Easter: he's was polite, and his choice for the name of his freeware program should not be a big deal. The program should.

20. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

@ mswiczar

I appauld your efforts which i feel are sincere. And having a sense of humour is appreciated, by me anyway, but unfortunately not everybody has one, or is always on the same wavelength as some other people ! I've learnt that sometimes we have to self moderate ourselves a little, as long as it's recipricated by others, we then have less chance of misunderstandings and falling out between us.

I understand why you initially might have thought Browser Condom was a good/catchy name. But in the long run to appeal to the most people amount of people who could use it, i think it would be better to think of a different name. Maybe something like Browser Safe for example.

Never be (SORRY for thinking in a different way!!!) that's how advances are made.

Actually Browser Condom has been used before.

http://www.browsercondom.com

Firefox condom

http://software.silicon.com/security/0,39024655,39129700,00.htm

I'm sure there was another application with the same or similar name. but i couldn't find it in time.

I hope your project matures nicely into a secure application, and don't be too put off by others views, but do take them into consideration as they are trying to help.

StevieO

21. Acid_JJ

Acid_JJ Registered Member

I don't care about the name. I will try if this works.

Cheers.

22. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

I was thinking this when reading the thread but just couldn't think of the name until I followed the link.

The pictures at VappWare of ie, outlook with the condom over them and the pictures with browsers in the little foil packets was quite funny, and unexpected - thanks for the laugh.
    Anyway enough of the name the protection is whats important.

23. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

But the world would be a better place if more condoms were used.:D Even a cyber condom:cool:

24. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Discuss the software only.

25. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Maybe it would be better if the programmer would first get the pope's blessings so he can call of the hounds on this thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.