VappWare Real Time Browser Protection(Browser Condom)

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by mswiczar, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mswiczar

mswiczar Registered Member

HI, i want to present my freeware version of a sandbox like surfing protection
    Its developed using thsi techniques

#SSDT patching
    #Minifilter Kernel Mode File System filter
    Please try it at:

hxxp://www.vappware.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
  2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

So how do you compare regarding SandboxIE, GeSWall, etc.
    Only the way it operates.

3. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello mswiczar. :)

You are advertising unknown code in one sentence. I expected a full review. Tell us more please... :D :thumb:

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I briefly viewed your first posting few hours ago, then it disappeared. IMO, you better rephrase your post title; a bit away from XXX sense. I clicked your web site, and do have few questions; (1) is your baby (still in alpha ?) similiar to other sandbox apps such as Sandboxie, if not, how? (2) you say on web site, your baby virtulizes registry and disk, but not the whole O/S. You have lost me right there, are you saying O/S is not stored on disk? then where it may be ? As far as I know that sandbox/virtualization apps insulate app/apps , partition or the drive, quite different from you have advocated. Your expert opinions are most welcomed here. Thanks.

5. besafe

besafe Registered Member

I didn't click on the link you provided because I have no idea who you are. For all I know, that link could be be a big malware trap.

But I would like to hear more about your product. Can you please provide some more details? Maybe a screen shot?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2007
  6. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

*Pokes link with a stick* Name seems fishy. I'll wait to see if its ok and if it is I'll download it on the old family PC.

7. mswiczar

Hi, i ll try to answer your questions

1) My baby is still in alpha, i must solve some known issues like installing software inside the sandbox. Now the baby is the Microsoft Driver Verifier, when i finish with the Driver verifier i ll put it in beta.

2)What i mean when i said Virtualize just your app, i mean not all the OS like
    the VMWare, Virtual PC or Bosch implementation.
    I dont know how SandboxIE works, my aproach is very simple.I dont use lazy writers. I ll try to explain how its works.

A) When your application need a file it will search in the right path, and then the Condom copy this file to the sandbox repository, so the application works with the copy of the file.
    If the file is in the sandbox repository, it just us it.
    to archive it i use a File system minifilter Driver.

B) when your application need something from the registry, it allways use the Sandboxed repository of the registry. The registry repositoy is a backup of the real registry using the Win32 Api well documented in the SDK.An then restored using diferent name
    to archive it i use a a SSDT patching mechanism well documented in a lot of Rootkits open source. Because winxp do not have any method of get the same results.

c) OpenProcess and WriteprocessMemory, Createremotethread,Service control manager, undocumented ways to load images to memory (Nt SetsystemInformation), are patched as well to prevent any kind of treats.

The sandbox is 1 folder called Vcondom.
    Inside it you have 2 directories 1 for Disk and other from Registry.
    Inside the Disk directory you have a new directory for each Device Example:
    HardiskVolume1/N

Inside the Registry directory you have the sandbox registry.

Thats all.

8. mswiczar

Give me more time.
    for now its an alpha version.
    try to explain to your mother what is sandbox.

9. mswiczar

Yes.
    its an easy implementation.

10. mswiczar

My name is Moises, i dont have security Number because i live in Argentina.
    but if you want to see my bussines i ll sugest to install from VMWare a vmplayer, then a virtual apliance, Browser apliance (linux (Ubuntu flavor)+ firefox) and from inside this shield you could be feel protected.

Bye

11. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

If i understood you correctly, and don't take me wrong, that's SandboxIE's description, if we switch "condom" with sandbox.
    SandboxIE has been around for quite some time. You might want to try it.

You have a file system virtualisation sandbox. This we understand.
    A question: why "condom"?

12. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

No one uses that old PC anymore so it should be ok.

13. mswiczar

how to explain to my mother what a sandbox is.

She knows what is a condom.:D

14. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Just to lite(not light) up the air density here, no offense. Perhaps, C---M is a household name, and sandbox is a kid's toy in his view. When was the last time you played the sandbox ? :D

15. mswiczar

My dear fella, could you try to explain me how you cant prevent any virus disease with this toy. the word condom is a good aproach to reach the consumer group.

CONDOM is not a bad word, its a only way to be protected. try to explain it to your children now or in the furure.

please write CONDOM 100 times, the next reply.

Best Regards.
    :D :cool: :thumb:

16. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello.

No, the best way to stay protected is not to mess with fishy stuff.
    Anyway, I coughed some money for DefenseWall recently, so I think I'll just pass and wait for your beta baby.

Cheers. ;)

17. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Good point, but I sometimes hang out in a bar in the Bronx called the Sandbox. As far as whether it is safe to download this program, I downloaded it to my sandbox(ie) and checked it with A-squared and AOL AVS. It came up clean. Obviously, this is by no means a seal of approval, but just a little information for you more adventurous types.

18. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: ~Snip~ I am sure your baby is no different from others. I rather wait for your next generation's beta or its final version to try on. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2007
  19. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Welcome compatriot :thumb:
    Sandboxes and others virtualization tools are quite popular here at Wilders, alongside other nonconventional approaches to security (HIPS, behaviour blockers, integrity checkers, etc). You will have very hard competition because there are some well established players: GeSWall, Defensewall, Sandboxie, GreenBorder, BufferZone and others.
    Best wishes to you and your "baby" :D

20. mswiczar

Thanks, i ll try to do my best. Im trying to put this technology to end users and not only for an elite.

Yes, there are a lot of good competitors, this is good, and this make me more enthusiastic.and make me feel proud.

Hope will be a nice race. I started late, but never is too late...

like Winston Churchil said:

..."Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb"...

21. lucas1985

Unfortunately, the average user is not aware of the security risks of the Internet until he/she is swindled.
    Fair competition is always good.

BTW, where are you living right now?

22. mswiczar

I hope the Word Condom will be useful.

Im living In Argentina.

23. lucas1985

It certainly has potential. Time will tell.
    OK. I´m in Villa María, Córdoba.

24. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Given your rational for the word Condom, given the connotation it has it is not good. It seems most of the people who seek out computer advice from me are women. I would recommend Sandboxie, and can easily explain what a sandbox is. No way am I going to recommend a product with the name Condom.

I think you can do better than that.

Pete

25. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hey Pete, good observation, women indeed are less computer savvy (generally). It is embarassing and offending to recommend to my mother or my sister a condom for protection... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.