Vanished!

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by pling_man, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pling_man

pling_man Registered Member

PrevX has gone. I was just browsing here a Wilders and after viewing the tab drop down and closing it, PrevX has disappeared from my system tray and the tab has gone. :'(

I can't see it in Task Manager either.

I didn't do anything, honest.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you look through the Windows Event Viewer to see if there is any information relating to prevx.exe? To get to it, click Start > Run > eventvwr - then look through Windows Logs > Application.

If it doesn't come back, let me know and I can investigate remotely if wanted!

3. pling_man

I didn't see anything in the log relating to prevX but there was an error from avp.exe (KIS) at about the time I noticed PrevX disappear.

PrevX 3.0 came back after I reboot this evening so I will keep an eye on it. I will post any future errors here if there are any.

4. pling_man

PrevX Disappeared again today.

It does this silently so you don't notice it.

I runs again when I reboot.

The only thing in the log was this, but I can't tell if its prevx related.

Level = Error, Source = WMI, Event ID = 10

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hmm... it seems a bit suspiciously inline with releases/updates - could you let me know if you're on the beta/RC upgrade path or have installed only the live build fresh?

In the event that it could be some other security software loaded, could you let me know what else you're running and if you've added exclusions at all in case they have a FP against Prevx?

6. pling_man

I have build 3.0.5.104 but was running an RC version before and it updated automatically. It still says RC in the GUI.

The only other security software I am running is KIS 2010, Windows Defender, and QFX KeyScrambler. I also do occasional scans with HMP3 and MBAM and Secunia PSI (the latter never runs in the background).

I don't have any FP exclusions set against any of the above. I didn't think I needed them.

Thanks for the support. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.