Validation Error dvd's to external Hard Drive Fat32 Acer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Robbywon, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robbywon

Robbywon Registered Member

Windows XP, Fat 32, most recent Acronis True Image Home 11 update downloaded and Installed. I have tried over 8 times to backup and validate my Main C: drive and PQService F: drive. Each time I try to validate the backups I get an error message saying the backup is corrupt. The Laptop has been defragged and I have dropped all firewalls, antivirus, and antispyware. I have even created a new administrator account to reinstall Acronis True Image Home from the website. I have uninstalled Acronis manually and reinstalled it using the latest build. I have tried mounting the disk which were from 3 separate disks but this process splits them further in multiple files. I have tried backing up the C and F drive on an external NTFS drive and validating it as well but still the same message. This Acer laptop's drives are in Fat32. I think I can go from Fat32 to NTFS but I can't go from NTFS to Fat32. So restoring the saved backups from the external hard drive back to the Acer laptop may not work. I have been dealing with Technical support for over 4 weeks on this issue and it is still not resolved. I wonder if they have given up. I just bought the software 4 weeks ago as well. I came to this forum to see if anyone could please help me.argh: :'(

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Robbywon,

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Robbywon

Thanks Marat my case number is #1332445.

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If you made a Backup and not a Clone, then the backup is just a compressed file in Acronis' proprietary format. As such, it doesn't matter if you have it on a Fat32 or NTFS drive. When you restore it, it will be whatever file system it was in the original drive.

If you made the Backup from the installed True Image software, then try making it using the bootable True Image Rescue CD and see if it validates this time.

5. Robbywon

Tech at the Shop said I have a bad Motherboard. Sending comp back to acer. Have 3 year waranty so I'll get a new motherboard and maybe a new Comp. Thanks for your replies.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.