Validating Backup Archive TI 2009 HOME

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by seismicguy, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seismicguy

seismicguy Registered Member

I am trying to validate a backup archive I created a couple of weeks ago. Under "operations" I choose Validate Backup Archive. I select the one I want to validate and then get the Scheduling screen. I pick Do Not Schedule--Run This Task Manually and hit Next. The next screen has a checkbox for Run Task Now and then I hit Proceed. This takes me to the Tasks and Log screen which shows the Validate task but status is IDLE. How do I actually get the task to start?

Thanks,

Doug

2. Tatou

Tatou Registered Member

Hi

You didn't disable any of the TI system services that automatically start when you boot up by any chance ?

3. seismicguy

No, I did not. If I go to Scheduled Tasks and hit the start button, the task there (which is a system backup) will run. However, at the Unscheduled Task screen, if I hit the start button for the validate task, nothing at all happens. The status is always "idle".

Doug

4. Tatou

Tatou Registered Member

Hmm

Where is the tib file located?

Can you open the Window Task manager,click on the Processes Tab. Leave window open and then open TI and go through the validate wizard as you did before and click proceed.

Then go to Task Manager screen and click on CPU to sort by highest CPU use.

Is TrueImageHomeService.exe and the Windows taskmgr.exe running and consuming CPU time.

Is a log created for the task. If yes what does it say?

5. seismicguy

The problem seems to be that this shows up on the unscheduled tasks tab and hitting start does nothing--status remains idle. Things listed on the scheduled tasks tab seem to go just fine.

Doug

6. seismicguy

I just did a backup and after it ended, I tried validating by creating an UNSCHEDULED task and then trying to start the task--nothing happens. So I tried creating the validation task as a SCHEDULED task and was able to start that fine. Is there some weirdness that happens when the task is identified as UNSCHEDULED?

7. ADR14N

ADR14N Registered Member

I had this problem too.

I just updated to Build 9709 and the problem is now fixed.

Cheers
    Adrian

8. seismicguy

I will download the update and see if that helps.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.