Validate Corrupted (0x70020) Tag = 0xF5F8CBCF76155638

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by laristech, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davegthomas

davegthomas Registered Member

Hi

I too am having similar problems to the others however there are some differences.
    I have two hard disks which are partitioned into six drives.
    I backup each drive seperately each week on the same day.
    Yesterday they all correctly backed up except one with the above label.
    That is the C: drive, running Vista SP2, and I have deleted all the previous backups, which worked perfectly, in an effort to get a correct backup to no avail. It keeps giving the same error.
    I am backing up to an external hard disk with ample space.
    I have attached the log file.

Attached Files:

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Did it work OK previously?

Run chkdsk C: /r on the C partition. A reboot will likely be necessary after issuing the command.

Try creating an archive of the "problem" C drive using one of your other partitions as the archive storage area instead of the USB drive.

If that works, run chkdsk X: /r on your USB drive. Replace the X in the command with the drive letter of the partition being tested on the USB drive.

You can also try creating and validating the archive using the TI boot CD. This removes Windows from the issue and deals with a static disk.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  3. davegthomas

Yes it did.
    Done that took forever!
    Done that it also took forever!

Should I delete all the files that were created yesterday as I do not know which file is corrupted?

4. seekforever

I gather you are backing up the whole disk (3 partitions?) at once. If so, try making an image of each partition by itself and then validating it.

I wouldn't keep the archive file if you can't validate it.

If your validations fail:
    Try making the archive on a different partition on an internal drive. Internal drives usually are the least troublesome.

Download Memtest86+ V2.11, available free from www.memtest.org and burn the .iso to a CD. Boot the CD and check your RAM, it may have failed. Ideally the test should run overnight but if that isn't possible let it run for at least several passes.

5. davegthomas

No, as I already stated, I am backing up each partition seperately.

I also defragged both C: and the target drive.

It still fails!

So I followed your sugestion and created a new folder on my other HD to store it on THAT ALSO FAILED!

It appears that it might be a Vista SP2 problem although it HAS worked previously. I don't have a CD version currently of this, Home 2009, I will have to make one later.

6. seekforever

You can take XP out of the picture by running TI archive creation and validation from the rescue CD.

I'd run Memtest86+ as described above but it is indeed strange only 1 partition fails the validation.

7. davegthomas

Created a startup CD last night told it to do an incremental backup on the external drive and thirty seconds later it had finished!!! Looked on the external drive, a failed to verify set of files was still on there - forgot to delete them, it had created another small file, under 300Kb, in the series and completed satisfactorily.

I hope someone from Acronis reads these posts as I still suspect it to be Vista SP2 and it is due to be released shortly.

8. seekforever

You might try Acronis Live Chat which seems to be the best way to get support rather than hope Acronis reads this. Acronis replied to earlier posters in this thread so it may not be on their radar now.

Do you have the latest build of TI 2009 Home? Since the TI CD appears to work on a static disk, and the Windows version on non-active partitions, it does look like a Vista SP2 issue.

9. hasseigransta

hasseigransta Registered Member

Hi!

I think I have same problem as some of the users above. When I try to restore a backup of a 250 Gb disk (98 Gb used) on to USB-connected disk (500 Gb empty) I get the corrupted message.

The restore task always runs ca 30 minutes before it's terminated.

You talk about 2 files that you have sent to other users. Do you know if this helped? Can you mail them to me also?

10. davegthomas

I have now changed my backups from individual partitions to complete Hard Disks, I have two internal, and I have found that the HD without the current operating system works fine HOWEVER the HD WITH the current o/s ALWAYS FALLS OVER so I boot from the startup disk and do that one individually.
    Not what I would like BUT hopefully Acronis will, one day, get its act together!

11. JamesLT

JamesLT Registered Member

I'm getting this same error. Here are my specs:

Vista SP2
    Acronis True Image Home 2009 build 9709

I'm backing up to an internal hard drive that is brand new and only has the Acronis secure zone sized at 100 GB while the rest of the drive is formatted as NTFS which is where I'm sending the backup image. I'm backing up three partitions C,D,E. Here's my log.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <log build="9709" product="Acronis*True*Image*Home" task="7B6A68A7-FCBA-4587-B005-529505CFAE52" task_name="Full Backup" uuid="5B48EC7D-CE3B-4D53-B004-D41B9D17AE85" version="12.0">
    	<event code="2" id="1" level="2" message="Operation Full Backup started." module="100" time="1244264401" />
    	<event code="503" id="2" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1244264405" />
    	<event code="503" id="3" level="2" message="Analyzing partition C:..." module="1" time="1244264405" />
    	<event code="503" id="4" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1244264406" />
    	<event code="503" id="5" level="2" message="Analyzing partition F:..." module="1" time="1244264406" />
    	<event code="503" id="6" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 2-5..." module="1" time="1244264408" />
    	<event code="503" id="7" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1244264409" />
    	<event code="503" id="8" level="2" message="Analyzing partition D:..." module="1" time="1244264409" />
    	<event code="503" id="9" level="2" message="Analyzing partition 0-0..." module="1" time="1244264410" />
    	<event code="503" id="10" level="2" message="Analyzing partition E:..." module="1" time="1244264411" />
    	<event code="1008" id="11" level="2" message="&lt;bold>Create Full Backup Archive&lt;/bold>&lt;endl/>&lt;tabpoint value=30>&lt;indent value=4>From:	&lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>Disk 1, Disk 3, Disk 4&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>To file:	&lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>&quot;F:\FullBackup.tib&quot;&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>Compression:	&lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>Normal&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>&lt;/indent>&lt;endl/>" module="11" time="1244264412" />
    	<event code="504" id="12" level="2" message="Pending operation 138 started: &quot;Creating partition image&quot;" module="1" time="1244264412" />
    	<event code="506" id="13" level="2" message="Locking partition C:..." module="1" time="1244264413" />
    	<event code="504" id="14" level="2" message="Pending operation 138 started: &quot;Creating partition image&quot;" module="1" time="1244265320" />
    	<event code="506" id="15" level="2" message="Locking partition D:..." module="1" time="1244265321" />
    	<event code="504" id="16" level="2" message="Pending operation 138 started: &quot;Creating partition image&quot;" module="1" time="1244266327" />
    	<event code="506" id="17" level="2" message="Locking partition E:..." module="1" time="1244266330" />
    	<event code="504" id="18" level="2" message="Pending operation 135 started: &quot;Saving partition structure&quot;" module="1" time="1244267448" />
    	<event code="504" id="19" level="2" message="Pending operation 135 started: &quot;Saving partition structure&quot;" module="1" time="1244267448" />
    	<event code="504" id="20" level="2" message="Pending operation 135 started: &quot;Saving partition structure&quot;" module="1" time="1244267448" />
    	<event code="1026" id="21" level="2" message="&lt;bold>Validate Backup Archive&lt;/bold>&lt;endl/>&lt;tabpoint value=30>&lt;indent value=4>Location:	&lt;indent value=10>&lt;textcolor value=&quot;navyblue&quot;>&quot;F:\FullBackup.tib&quot;&lt;/textcolor>&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>&lt;endl/>&lt;/indent>&lt;endl/>" module="11" time="1244267448" />
    	<event code="504" id="22" level="2" message="Pending operation 3 started: &quot;Validate Backup Archive&quot;" module="1" time="1244267448" />
    	<event code="502" id="23" level="4" message="Operation with partition &quot;0-0&quot; was terminated.
    Details:
    &lt;indent>The archive is corrupted (0x70020)
        Tag = 0xF5F8CBCF76155638&lt;/indent>" module="1" time="1244267796" />
    	<event code="5" id="24" level="4" message="Operation has completed with errors." module="100" time="1244267796" />
    </log>
    Any ideas as to why I'm getting a corrupted archive during validation?

12. davegthomas

Just to add a little further information.

The backup I referred to earlier which succesfully completed well I needed it last week and when I verified it I was informed that it was CORRUPT!!!!

ALL of my backups were deemed to be corrupt! I have yet to determine what happened but strongly recommend that you restore a backup to see whether or not it is any good.

13. JamesLT

JamesLT Registered Member

As a further update, I did the same backup but manually started it from the Acronis interface. It backed up, validated, and restored my test files without a problem. The backup that failed was the same backup but was run as a scheduled, unattended backup. I'm gonna try another one tonight and see what happens.

14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

If you experience the issue with corrupted backup files, I can suggest you the following:

1) First of all, please make sure that you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image. If the build number differs from the latest one, please download and install the latest build. You can learn more on how to download the latest build here

Also please re-create Acronis Booting Rescue Media by means of the latest build.

2) Please download Acronis Scheduler, which is a special utility to update the scheduler service. The link is available here

Extract the downloaded file, run install.bat and wait for the process to be completed. The utility will automatically update the service. Reboot the computer and re-create the task.

3) Please install the appropriate SnapAPI file available here, reboot the computer to complete the changes.

4) Please make sure that the memory module of your machine is not corrupt as this can be the reason of the issue.

Please download one of the archives depending on what media type you are going to use:

diskette
    CD
    USB Flash drive

You can find more information on how to burn an ISO image to a CD at:

here and here

Unpack the archive and create bootable media with the test.

After that boot your PC from the media and memtest will start automatically.

5) If the issue persists, please follow the steps described here to troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

15. rfvyhn

rfvyhn Registered Member

I am also getting the same validation failed error using True Image Home version 12.0.0.9709 on Windows XP SP3.

Will the files sent to fix this issue work for my version? If so can a get them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

16. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rfvyhn,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

The links provided can help you to get rid of the software malfunction. The link to SnapAPI 380 file suddenly disappeared from the article, I am sending you the link via PM.

By the way, we have recently released a new build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build #9788 ), please update the program.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.