v8.0 build 768 Scheduler/Script issues

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Fedorov999, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fedorov999

Fedorov999 Registered Member

I completely uninstalled v7 before putting then new v8 on my system - WinXP SP2.

I created my normal schedule for Weekdays at 8pm - when I checked my logs this morning I saw errors about "no such file" referring to
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\09DFAB9D-DFFC-426C-9D4C-5F2EB9FFC4E3.tib.tis

I checked this location and it contained a .tib.tis file but it had a different string of characters in it's name - it was confused - I decided to reboot as I hadn't done so since setting that schedule up and as a test I edited it to run ONE minute from NOW and it fired up and ran...

Next issue, I loaded up TrueImage to check the logs, the schedule icon still had the "running" icon on it, the logfile told me it had successfully imaged my 4 partitions but there was no "complete" message, I chose to CANCEL the running process but it never stopped... in the end I ran Services and right-clicked on the Acronis Scheduler service and STOPPED it manually.

I rebooted again, edited this schedule for ONE minute from NOW and tried again, this time it worked and ended correctly.

I shall await and see tomorrow if the 8pm nightly schedule works okay.

v8 seems a little flakier compared to v7 at the moment though :doubt:

Fedorov.

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Agreed, version 8 build 768 seems to have random problems communicating with it's own service. It's not just on scheduled events, because TI treats all operations as scheduled events anyway. Most times, it works but occasionally it hangs. Never saw this on build 764.

3. Fedorov999

Yup, I've emailed my logs from last nights 8pm backup to support - at 1sec past 8pm it gives errors about the actual script file, again at 3secs past 8pm, then it actually creates all the incremental images successfully! :eek:

Fedorov.

4. Fedorov999

Just an update... since uninstalling and reinstalling for "ALL users" instead of just myself - so far the scheduled scripts have been running fine without errors :)

Fedorov.

5. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Yeah, I'm thinking now that the install sometimes goes awry. Reinstalling appears to fix the random hangs. Can't say on the "All users" part as I always install for all users.

6. Fedorov999

Well, last nights 8pm scheduled backup still generated script errors in the log - although it still manages to create the image okay.

This is build 774 - still not fixed :(

Regards, Fedorov.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello guys,

Can you please let me know the Acronis # of the problem you discuss here?

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis support department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... compute with confidence

8. Fedorov999

#140862 - Just had a reply to the email I sent earlier about it. Will try the SnapAPI tool they sent me.

Thanks Anton.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Well... we are getting closer.

This ticket includes many problems as I can see... the problem with Sil3112 has been resolved recently in build 774.

No we have a problem with the scheduler... Our supervisor requires the "snapapi.log" file in order to proceed on this issue. Also you have been asked to create a new "report.txt" file and send it to support@acronis.com.

As soon as we will receive this information the ticket will be forwarded to our Development Team.

Thank you.

P.S. My name is Andrew :)

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis support department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... compute with confidence

10. Archie

Archie Guest

I've seen this exact same problem with scripting errors on True Image 7 build 638. I get the same file not found error messages in the log in the directory described above. It seems this problem has been around for some time without resolution. I was going to recommend my company buy volume copies of this program but now I'm reluctant to do so because of the scheduling problems!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.