v621.0 installation warning

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Bonnie, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonnie

Bonnie Registered Member

Suspect this might have come up before but I can't find it. I've just upgraded to the latest (English) version. First, I got a warning that I needed to uninstall Avast anti-virus (never had it running on the pc, can't find any trace of it). Then I saw this:

It's urgent that you uninstall any other security applications such as anti-virus or anti-spyware programs that may be running before continuing installation to avoid serious problems.

OK, we know not to have two AV programs running, but not the anti-spyware program I've just bought? Pretty standard to have an AV and an anti-spyware program. What gives?

Never had any problems with NOD32 before, hope this ain't going to be a turkey.

2. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Registered Member

I belive it to be a 'standard' warning code. I've installed it with other antispyware stuff and no problemo. Even have Win Patrol running on computers and on my Daughter's computer it also has Trojan Hunter running.

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I might exit an AS app that is running real time, but not uninstall it. o_O

4. happytilton

happytilton Registered Member

On an OS reinstall, I had none of the described conflicts with CounterSpy v2.5.1043, but the NOD32 was installed 1st and then the CounterSpy 2nd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.