V6 System Performance

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Echuir, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echuir

Echuir Registered Member

The Smart Security Beta V6.0.115.0RC has a huge hit to system performance. I have to wait minutes for file explorer to open and list files. I have even had the GUI Desktop crash completely which required a full hard restart to fix. This version is not yet ready for release. Please do not release this unfinished product.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

V6 has already been released in several languages and no major issues have been reported. If you have a dump or minidump from the crash, I'd like to get it for analysis. As for the performance issues, generate a log using Process monitor when the issue is occurring, compress it, upload it to a safe location and PM me the download link.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

In addition to Marcos' advice, can you also please include an ESET SysInspector[/color]? This might provide additional insight into the system performance issue you reported.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

I installed the ESET SS v6 RC over the weekend on a Vista 2Gig RAM laptop and performance is positively blistering! Really impressed, no noticable slowdown on browsing whatsoever - one of the fastest AV suites I have tried. I was also testing the refreshed McAfee Total Protection 2013 over the weekend and found that compared to ESET SS, McAfee has a big impact on browsing in particular and speed in general, feels quite bloated & takes ages to load up (although the GUI is nice).

Staying with ESET for the time being although i'm not familiar with malware detection performance on this product but am presuming it is acceptable.

5. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It depends on what test you look at. In tests where several hundreds of thousands samples are used, it's impossible to filter out all non-functional ones or those that fall into the so-called grey zone where detection is questionable.
    For instance, in these zero-day tests ESET has ranked first.

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

personally i really like v6. i have zero issues with its performance on my systems or customers systems and i have installed it on LOTS of them. its one of my go to av's and has been for years and will remain one of my top picks if in my av inventory for a long while. i do use a couple others but i have MANY machines and eset is still running on most of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.