v6 has started making browsing very hard

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by zfactor, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

if not almost impossible. i get pages that just sit there and load downloads locking up and turning off eset is an instant fix. this just recently started within the last few days. at first i thought it was a firefox issue because it updated to ff 14 beta but as i said if i turn off eset it is a instant fix.

also if i restart the system thing will be normal for a bit then as i browse the net it will start with just a few pages then eventually i can do anything. with the same result turning off eset fixes the issue. no issues with v5 in this regard at all.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does it happen with have Parental Control disabled?

3. psyko12

psyko12 Registered Member

Same problem here I often loose internet browsing capability. I have parental controls off.. Never had use for it <personal computer/laptop>. I thought it was my Network/wifi card.

4. zfactor

no parental controls turned on, at first i thought it was my card also so i switched it out 3 times. 100% not the wireless card. this system has almost nothing on it except firefox, opera, win7 x64, pd12.5, and office. nothing else. also happens if i try to download a file from my ftp or over my network at a decent speed. it will just lock up on me and the download will fail and firefox or opera will not be able to find any sites etc.. the wireless shows its still connected and everything is okay but alas its not.

its also been making downloads VERY slow what normally will download at 2.5+mbs is going at less than 100k. if i turn off eset v6 totally all is fine again

5. zfactor

i hate to say i had to remove the beta. i could not even use the net with it. it got that bad, uninstalled the v6 beta and all is perfectly fine now. something is wrong seriously with this build with the current updates.

6. zfactor

installed v5 and all seems fine for now....v6 was running perfect so im not sure what changed unless it was from a module update

7. zfactor

i have since formatted and reinstalled this system EXACTLY as it previously was i imported my firefox profile etc and it seems okay for now im not sure what happened last time but it did take a while ill keep an eye on it this time to see if i can pinpoint what the cause was

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.