V6 and XP

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Wathen, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wathen

Wathen Registered Member

Wanted to ask the XP users if version 6 is working properly. I had issues with version 5, specifically when connecting an external flash drive or hard drive, the pc would lock up. I rolled back to version 4.x which has been working just fine. I just renewed my license and wanted feedback from XP users on the new version if there were any issues.

2. HealingStargate

HealingStargate Registered Member

I have a pretty straight forward setup on my XP system and it is smooth sailing. I have a senior computer and don't see any problems besides the age of the computer. KOR-

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The lockups most likely occurred due to having a problematic 3rd party driver installed. For a list of such problematic drivers, see this thread.

4. Wathen

Wathen Registered Member

So issues with the 3rd parties were never corrected? About a year ago, there was conversations about having some of the drivers fixed with version 5. I'm I still okay using version 4 with XP?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Some vendors of the problematic drivers have updated them in the mean time to prevent the lockups.

6. TravisO

TravisO Registered Member

I was having this problem on both an XP and a Win8 setup. Thanks to this post I realized it was MBAM (paid) that was causing the lockups when used with NOD32, so I disabled it for now and am awaiting for an updated version of MBAM.

In regards to the original poster, just do what I did, disable MBAM and install the latest version which is v6.0.308.0 as of this writing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.