V5 Issue and firewall issue

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by SBMongoos, Sep 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBMongoos

SBMongoos Registered Member

I decided to make the switch to v5. I'm running into issues however. I opted to uninstall v4 and install v5 and did not export any settings. In v4 I had the firewall configured the way I wanted and set to interactive mode. However, in v5 I didn't see the option come up at install (although I'm guessing it was there). I have found a setting in the firewall that is allowing traffic for something I want denied. Even though I either remove it so I get prompted again via interactive mode or manually change it to deny it always switches back to allow. What is the point of this?

2. P_R_

P_R_ Eset Staff Account

Hello,

the settings are preserved only when the version is upgraded.
    In case you uninstall older version, restart the system and install new version afterwards the settings are not preserved.

So you are running the firewall in an interactive mode and in case you deny some connection the setting is not saved?

Do you have checked "Remember action (create rule)" when allowing or denying connection?
    http://kb.eset.com/library/ESET/KB Team Only//SOLN2590/a3.png

Thank you.

3. SBMongoos

I know. But it's recommended to not upgrade but uninstall/install.

As I said I may have missed the option to set to interactive mode during install. This would have allowed for access out through the firewall. However, I caught and changed it to DENY only to go back and find it was going back to ALLOW. I was making the change within the Configure Rules and Zones.

4. P_R_

P_R_ Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I would recommend you to open a ticket with your local ESET support.

Please use in-product help and support option so your export of settings and SysInspector log could be delivered to them for further inspection.

Thank you.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Firewall mode can be configured only when you choose advanced install type or you can configure it later in the program setup.

6. SBMongoos

Marcos... I think this is what I missed at the install. Thing is it doesn't make sense that I changed specific settings after the fact to DENY and went back later to find them back to ALLOW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.