v5.2.9 & Windows 8

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by GothicDeath, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GothicDeath

GothicDeath Registered Member

Just wondering if Eset SS v5.2.9 or v6 once its out of beta are compatible with the new windows 8 that comes out on the 15th.

Thanks

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello GothicDeath

Just my personal opinion, but I have no doubt whatsoever that Eset will have version 6 ready for windows 8 when it is released, like others vendors most probably will have. I cannot imagine that version 5 not will be compatible with windows 8 , but all of this is just speculations. This link is updated Last July 27, 2012 and shows What operating systems ESET security products compatible with? (Home Users). When Eset is ready for windows 8 (whatever version ?) it will be proclaimed as a sticky note of the top of this forum. That's the way it usually works.

Take care :)

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

That is for MSDN and TechNet subscribers. Nobody has to officially support Windows 8 until the retail release on October 26th, so don't expect a lot of vendors to do so.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESET products will work like a charm on Win8 RTM if you enable pre-release updates.

5. GothicDeath

GothicDeath Registered Member

Thanks for the information all, Yes, i have a MSDN so that is why im asking.

6. GrZeCh

GrZeCh Registered Member

Hello,

can you tell a little more? I've tried to install latest Smart Security 5 and latest Smart Security 6 RC and they both didn't managed to install on Windows 8 Professional x64.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.