v4 vrs v3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Jurugi, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jurugi

Jurugi Registered Member

Is using V3 somehow less protective than V4? I mean, obviously V4 has better features, but are people with V3 suddenly unprotected because of a wave of new viruses or is V4 just another upgrade and surge of money for ESET? I only bought it because the new feature was Self-Defense, and I had to clean a virus that destroyed AVG and Spyware doctor before. It was a mess.
    Also, it doesn't really matter but I liked when the icon was light green. It looked so much cooler :D

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

ok - the new version is PRESUMABLY released because it's "BETTER" - what do you thinko_O

3. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Do you think that if ESET create worse software as older version, did it have got a success? I think no. ;)

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The new versions of ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security have a number of improvements, such as new driver-based cleaning technology, integrated ESET SysInspector and so forth. This allows the software to detect and remove malware which might otherwise not be detected or removed with a prior version.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

Mr. Goretsky:

FYI: A reply to your post here is buried in a message P.S. by me to Marcos, in the thread "What are the Major detection differences between 4.0 and 2.7?," at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1436165#post1436165

My (and apparently also many other people's) decision between upgrading from NOD32 v2.7 to v3.0 or to v4.0 keeps waffling, for reasons described in the link above, and in "Choice between NOD32 v3 versus v4," at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=237468

No need to reply to me, unless you really want to and have time to do so.

Cordially, Roger Folsom

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

This is probably a project that will require more work on the part of our technical writers than myself, but let me see if more detailed information can be provided about the changes between releases. Please keep in mind, though, this is something which will not be immediately available.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.