V4 RC slow scanning downloaded files

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus v4 Beta Forum' started by pondlife152, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

I'm noticing NOD32 V4.0.226.0 is sometimes very slow when scanning a file once it has been downloaded via Internet Explorer, for example. The download window hangs at 99% or 100% for quite some time, and ekrn starts to use 40-50% of the cpu until the scan is done and the file download completes.

This doesn't happen if I copy or move the file from disc to disc once it has been downloaded.

Running on laptop with Vista Home Premium 32bit. Core 2 Duo CPU, 2Gb RAM. I'm also running Comodo Internet Security 3.8.65951.477 Firewall/Defense+ only, but this doesn't seem to be the issue as I've tried with CIS disabled.

Andy

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps you've downloaded an archive with a lot of files inside which takes time until the archive is extracted and each file scanned. By the way, v4 has already been released and RC will be discontinued some time soon.

3. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

It wasn't just one file, it has been happening with a few. I will monitor if there's an issue with the release version.

4. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello Macros,

Perhaps you should make a formal sticky thread here on WildersSecurity announcing the final release of version 4.

Regards,

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.