V4 Pushing Configurations Pointless??

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wideglide, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wideglide

wideglide Registered Member

Oops, that should have been "Pushing". I have tried to push a config file to my clients that indicate No Splash Screen and No Notification for Missing OS Updates. Neither setting has taken so I called ESET support. They indicate to me that even though it appears as though you can modify these settings in a config file they won't actually change due to ESET putting some security on changing the registry.

They told me I'd have to either change each workstation manually or uninstall and manually wipe all the ESET registry keys and reinstall. Apparently this would allow me to change these settings by pushing a config file?

Does this make any sense to any of you? Have any of you heard anything similar from ESET? I've only got 23 workstations, I can't imagine how ticked off I'd be if I had 100+!

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

What are the clients you are pushing to? I push configs all the time with no issues (though i haven't tried the splash screen one).

Jim

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Marking the "Supress user settings" as well as the desired per-user settings and deploying such xml to clients should do the trick:

Attached Files:

4. wideglide

I'm using Remote Admin Console 3.0.105 to push to WinXP Pro SP3 clients running the Nod32 Antivirus 4.0.314.

I don't need my users telling me "something's wrong with my antivirus" every time they sign on because the OS doesn't have the latest update immediately. And at this point I'm not willing to advertise NOD32 to every user either(splashscreen).

TX!!

5. wideglide

Marcos, you rock!

That did the trick. Now for some complaining to make me feel better. I must have spent 2 hrs time with waiting forever on the phone and then uninstalling, reinstalling, testing, etc. with the support tech that apparently didn't have a clue what he was doing.

Thanks a bunch for the help, guys!!

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you contact the US customer care or a local distributor? I'll have a word with them.

7. wideglide

It was the US customer care. Case #258580. The tech put me on hold and came back indicating to me his superior told him about the registry security and how it needed to be wiped clean, etc.

Thanks, Marcos. Much appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.