v4 not detected/managed by RA?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Nebulis01, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebulis01

Nebulis01 Registered Member

I'm testing pushing v4 to some of our clients and once upgraded from 3.0.684 to 4.0.314.0 they no longer show up in the RA (v3.0.105) Nothing in the configuration file has changed between v3 and v4.

Have I overlooked something?

2. dvation191

dvation191 Registered Member

I have a one former v3 client that I upgraded to v4 through RA and the client shows up fine in RA, reporting the proper version and getting updates. Not sure what would cause the client to disappear.

3. Nebulis01

I've even gone and done a fresh install of v4, entered the ERA information manually (not using an .xml config file) and my ERA install still doesn't see it. I'm going to open a trouble ticket with ESET and see if I can get this hammered out.

4. Nebulis01

Figured it out. Even though we don't use a password to connect to our internal update server. The setting of 'blank' needed to be defaulted in order to work properly. Also unchecked the 'Never connect to primary server with unsecured communcations' and it all works much better now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.