V4: ekrn.exe - cpu usage

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wibo, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wibo

wibo Registered Member

Many times during the day I can't use my PC anymore.
    My fans are moving crazy and everything I type is showing up a few seconds after.
    Looking to the task manager I've seen that the cause is ekrn.exe with cpu % of 75 til 95

What is it in Eset what does this scan?
    Is it possible to disable?

I use Eset since the first release but never had big problems till the v4 release.
    My actual version is 4.0.437.0

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

The AV is probably scanning something that is continually performing some kind of action. Maybe a log file, defragger could be alot of things.

Open the GUI into advanced mode and then to Protection status > Statstics. The file being scanned may be shown in that window under "Real-time file system protection" from the drop down menu.

BFG

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Dejavu...

I once suggest Eset to enhance the way Statistics works to let the user know what file/process/folder is being scanned and making ekrn.exe using more CPU than it should.

Example:

ekrn.exe is using 96% of CPU and Statistics would shout out: Hey! ekrn.exe is scanning XYZ and is making it use more CPU than it should.

But, no... Users are the ones who have to figure it out, using extra tools, etc... They don't even know how to interpret them.

Great... But, hey I guess that we're the ones paying for the product... Our loss if we can't use it, uh?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.