V4 - Anti Virus Protection is Disabled

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by weemarn, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weemarn

weemarn Registered Member

Hi,
    Is there anyway to enable a client that is showing as 'anti-virus protection is disabled'?
    i have pushed out another config with no success.
    cheers

2. weemarn

any ideas would be greatly appreciated......:ninja:

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

There is most likely something else going on here. Has it ever worked on this client? When did it stop working? What OS and SP are you running? What was the previous AV on this machine and was it completely removed? Simply uninstalling AV software will sometimes leave drivers and services behind that will conflict with any other AV. Was this an upgrade from V3? Did you uninstall V3 first or install V4 over the top of V3? If you remote into the client can you simply start the real-time protection. If not, I would recommend uninstalling completely via the following KB articles instructions here.

If there was a previous AV other than ESET you may want to run their removal tool for good measure. Here is a KB with common removal utilities.

After ever thing is removed I would do an install of the latest build of V4 from here.

-Cheers

4. weemarn

Hi,
    The client is XP SP3 with a clean install of v4_0_424. The client has worked for for the last 4 weeks. Clients are protected with a password.
    My question is can i restart from the ERAC?
    Cheers

5. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

If the client is set for real time protection to be enabled that is all you would do to start the module. You could uncheck the setting in one task then turn it back on in the next. This under normal circumstances would stop then restart the real time file system protection. If it is still not starting then there is some other issue. What was the previous AV? This is most commonly the issue. Remnants of previous AV will sometimes start up after some time has passed and cause this issue.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  6. VSSC support

VSSC support Registered Member

i have an issue like that to our client. the antivirus and anti spyware is disable when i totally disable the firewall of eset smart security the antivirus and anti spyware is enable. what will be the cause? the OS is vista.

7. weemarn

hi,
    previous was v3.0.672.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.