v3 621/641 problem Win2k3r2

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Tele, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tele

Tele Registered Member

Hi,

I was happily using the 621 version on our systems, until i found out i could no longer connect a rdp session to a win2k3r2 server in our domain using the domains administrator credentials. ('the rpc server is unavailable'). (local credentials worked fine) After trying almost everything, i uninstalled nod32v3, and voila, everything was working again like it should.

It seems the server can no longer reach the \\domain.local\sysvol\domain.local\Policies location when nod32 v3 is installed. Reaching \\dc.local\sysvol\domain.local\Policies works ok, also when nod is active. (It tries to aquire the GPO's from the first location, the second is just to prove that the share is ok.) Not getting the GPO's generates a ev.id 1058 and 1030. Not reaching the rpc server is a event id 1219. These three show up in the server's logs when nod32 is installed.

This evening, i've tried the 642 version. This made no difference at all. Does anyone have any hints on how to solve this little annoyance?

2. Tele

Tele Registered Member

Nevermind,

I've downgraded our whole domain back to 2.7, and will wait at least a year before trying anything else. I was quite pleased with 2.7, and thought i had waited long enough before installing the 3.0 branch. Well, it seems they need a bit more time before it comes even close to the relyability of their last product.

Eset; i want more control over the virusscanner, if i don't want it to interfere with tcpip connections, it just shouldn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.