V3.0.695 and virus signature database update

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Doodler, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doodler

Doodler Registered Member

Last month I renewed my annual subscription to Nod32 and updated from version 3.0.621 to 3.0.695. I carefully followed Eset's Knowledgebase instructions regarding how to uninstall and reinstall. I had no trouble.

But, I am experiencing a behavior with 3.0.695 that I did not have with 3.0.621. I prefer to always disconnect my system from the network when I am done with a browsing session. With version 3.0.621, whenever I would reconnect to my wireless connection (usually after several hours), Nod32 would immediately and automatically check for a virus signature database update. But with version 3.0.695, I have to wait an hour before Nod32 automatically checks for a virus signature update.

As best I can recall, my automatic update settings are the same as they were with 3.0.621. And as shown immediately below, the automatic update task should happen "as soon as possible" if the task misses a run.
    Image4.jpg

Nonetheless, with 3.0.695 I have to wait an hour for an automatic update to occur after I reconnect my wireless connection, and during that interim period, I see this:
    Image2.jpg

Does anyone have any clues why v3.0.621 would immediately and automatically check for a virus signature update when I would reconnect to my wireless network but with v3.0.695 that automatic virus signature update is delayed an hour?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This has been going on for a month?
    Default settings?

Have you added any programs in the meantime?

3. Doodler

Yes.

Yes.

No.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

If you have tried the suggestions here , I can't think of a thing other than interference with your wireless connection on startup.

5. Doodler

Appreciate the suggestions ronjor. I tried those steps from the knowledgebase a few weeks ago shortly after I began noticing the behavior.

Just to clarify, the virus signature database in my recently installed v3.0.695 works just fine (1) if I manually update it (by clicking Update virus signature database), or (2) if I remain continuously connected to my wireless connection for an hour or more, in which case the regular automatic update (in Nod32's Scheduler) activates hourly updates.

Where it doesn't seem to work right is when I've been disconnected from my wireless connection for a while. Examples are when I disconnect for the night and then either shut down the pc or let it go into hibernation mode. When I start up my system, connect to my wireless network, and log back onto the web, I have to wait exactly one hour for Nod32 to automatically check for a virus signature update, instead of checking immediately as the setting requires (see my first post).

I can live with this issue; it's not a huge deal. But, as stated in my first post, I'm confused why my previous version (3.0.621) did immediately check the virus signature database for updates as soon as I would reconnect to my wireless network connection, but v3.0.695 does not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.