V-COM SystemSuite Pro 7

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by C.S.J, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

ive heard good things about this software,

http://www.v-com.com/product/SystemSuite_Home.html

has anyone tried this?
    or have any information on its engines etc, ive heard of people using it and being happy so i thought id take a gander at the site, and just by the ONE screnshot, you can tell it has a nice GUI, but was wondering on its performance.

2. rayoflight

rayoflight Registered Member

Both from Trend Micro (antivirus and antispyware).

They don't offer a trial version.May be somebody who bought it tell us.

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

ok i was just curious about it,

cant believe they dont offer a trial, i just automatically thought they did as i thought they all offered trials, never seen a vendor who hasnt... till now i suppose. :doubt:

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

It's AV and spyware scanners are generic Trend Micro products...unsure of where they get their firewall from. I have heard this product is heavy on resources. But if that is not an issue the product looks alright.

5. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

I use System Suite 7 Pro as my utilities suite. As I run KIG &PG I have not installed the AV or AS components so I cannot comment on those elements. But in the cse of the rest of the suite itis first class, especially the Registry Cleaner & Defragger.:D

6. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

The entire suite itself is first class. The firewall is based on Filseclab with V-com's front-end. The AV & AS use the current Trend Micro engines, databases, etc. You can install it on up to 3 computers.

I use the AV and AS as a backup to my current AV/AS. My biggest problem with it when running real-time, at least with the initial version (which has been patched since I tried it, so this may not still be valid), was the memory use (it kept increasing and didn't seem to release memory).

Even with the memory use, you don't feel any drag on your system.

7. A1SteakSauce

A1SteakSauce Registered Member

i own both SystemSuite and FixItUtilites both version 5. (my dad dosnt like change) I don't like them very much, but i suppose that version 7 has come a long way and I always though vcom to be a little cheap... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.