V-Com System Suite Professional 6

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Jbmoar, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

I Have Just Upgraded My System Suite 5 To The New Version Of System Suite (V-Com System Suite Professional 6) A Few Great Enhancements And Ad-ons, I Like The Integrated Spyware Protection,Works Great, It Also Has:

Recover Commander Now Is Integrated Within The Program.
    The Registry Fixer Is As Great As Ever

Everything Else Is Simular But Updated But For Myself Is Well Worth The Money,If You Purchase The Retail Boxed Version (Upgrade Or Full) The Box Has Details On How to get A $20.00 Rebate So If You Are Upgrading From Version 5,Then That Will Be Quite A Discount.

I Believe Only Users Of Version 5 Are Only Eligible For The Upgrade To Version 6

2. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

I also upgraded to System Suite Pro v6 and think it's great and you're right, registry fixer is one of the best.

One big problem right now:

One of reasons I upgraded was to get the AV based on PC-Cillin and the Netdefender (i.e., Sygate) firewall. I installed both and found a major memory leak. If you shut the av and firewall down memory use does not decrease; if you then restart both programs the memory use increases past what is already was. I tried this repeatedly until the two programs were using over 200MB of RAM.

I reported this to v-com and they said they didn't currently have an answer but would pass this along to QA but couldn't tell me anything further (this was 4 days ago).

So basically, I wouldn't run their AV and firewall until they get this fixed.

3. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Sorry, meant to say their firewall is Netdefense.

Also, I tried this on 3 different computers running XP Pro or Home. One was a clean install of Home.

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi InfinityAz (I wonder if patenting someones name on fora would benefit us :p),

personally, I wouldn't rely on netdefense or pc cillan especially not into one big toolbox...too much candy for this kid ;)

but the tools are great and do work as supposed too...like their powerdesk is nice too, liked it a lot

5. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I don't use the firewall or Virus prot (just on demand occasionally) but the utils are generally v good

Any one using the Recovery commander?

- the version in sys suite 6 does not work on my machine version 5 did fine.

- Does not seem to be able to map one of my partitions
    - I have a Nvidia chipset with SI 3112 controller

any other problems?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.