V 9 Build 2323 Networking on Rescue Boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nika01, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nika01

nika01 Registered Member

After booting from a cd, I cant set anything with network card, I dont see any nearby computers and DHCP is enabled on the network I am using (home network).

I have seen indications that the problem may have something to do with the NIC card. In one case I have a laptop with a Linksys Wireless G card, on another machine I have an older Linksys hardwired NIC card. Nothing exotic or out of the mainstream. I dont believe it is a NIC driver problem,unless it is a nonspecific NIC problem. Could it be antivirus software or other security software ?

Any ideas??

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nika01,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following?

- Boot from Acronis True Image 9.0 Bootable Rescue CD (created using build 2323) and press F11 key when the selection screen appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and wait for # prompt to appear.

- Issue the following commands:

asamba dhcp -n
    asamba masters

- Write down the output after each of the commands or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens;

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    cat /proc/net/dev > mntdir/net.txt
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

- Collect the net.txt and sysinfo.txt files from the diskette.

Please also collect the following information:

- Describe your network structure in more detail;

- What are the exact vendor and model of your network card?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. nika01

nika01 Registered Member

asamba dhcp -n yielded SIOCGIFINDINDEX Failed Unkown error 19

asamba masters gave no return

the attempts to "collect" sysinfo.txt and net.txt failed. Disk wasnt readable in Windows.

I have bought and paid for one copy of V6 of True Image and 2 copies of True Image 9.0 from your online store. They are registered and I have filled out a problem ticket. I dont know what the number is.

My network card is a Linksys PCMCIA card model WPC54GS V1 Wireless G Notebook adapter. My network is originated via Linksys 54 G wired/wireless router. DHCP is enabled. Problem originated from a freshly reloaded system.

Now, tell me what is wrong, please.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nika01,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The point is that sysinfo.txt and net.txt files sometimes can not be read\copied\moved\edited from under Windows, but only from some kind of *nix operating system (e.g. Linux, Unix, etc.). However, we need these files in order to investigate this sort of problems.

Could you please create an image of the floppy diskette sysinfo.txt and net.txt files reside on using RawWrite utility?

Please reply to the letter you have received from Acronis Support (you are supposed to receive an autoreply) and attach the produced *.img file to your letter.

Please also let me know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which can be found in the subject of the letter that you received from our Support Team, so I'll be able to track the correspondence.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. Euser

Euser Registered Member

You are trying to use wireless when running the bootable resue cd. I don't think this is possible yet, but I may be wrong (limitation of the bootable environment).

6. gbohn

gbohn Registered Member

I had a similar problem with an different interim version (where dumping files from the boot CD was creating diskette directory entries that were incompatible with Windows OSs.)

I don't know if it will help nika01 or not, but he could also try using all uppercase file names when creating the diskettes to see if that makes them compatible to be read on windows. Like 'SYSINFO.TXT'.

It at least worked in my case.

Since this used to work in earlier versions of Acronis True image, and is supposed to be a standard, I would think the Acronis behavior isn't right...

At any rate, hope this helps.

7. nika01

nika01 Registered Member

Honestly,

Do you think I should just wait for BartPE for TI9 to come out ? Seems like this would solve the issue I am having, right??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.